Help please! Timed/external powered switch for UV light

jonesy71

Joined Feb 6, 2013
Hi! New to the forum and looking for some help with a project i'm working on at my lab. We're trying to use a circuit board of LED UV lights but do so with a push button and an adjustable on-time. We currently use a toggle switch hooked up to an external power supply powering our UV light. Problem is we want to be able to use a push-button to activate it instead of having to toggle the switch on and off. We also want to be able to set the light to stay on for adjustable limits (anywhere from 3 seconds to a minute).

I'm looking into electrical timed relays, hoping to find one and power it from a power supply and integrate in a basic push-button so we only have to set the desired on-time, push the botton and the light will cycle on and turn off after the desired time has elapsed. I know I haven't provided much information, power ratings etc., but was hoping someone would be able to steer me in the right direction or make some suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help, would be much appreciated!

Jonesy

vrainom

Joined Sep 8, 2011