Help please. Identify types of circuit(s) that would function as stated

bteddy1

Joined Aug 10, 2018
I am trying to build a circuit that will have a trigger input a clock input and a output that is (10) pulses at clock frequency for each trigger pulse.
Unknown circuit
Would it be multiple circuits (chips) or just one? What circuit/chip name(s) do I search for. Any suggested links to explain how to do this?
Thank You

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Since this appears to be homework, you need to show an effort about how to solve the problem.

What is your knowledge/schooling of digital circuits?

bteddy1

Joined Aug 10, 2018
Since this appears to be homework, you need to show an effort about how to solve the problem.

What is your knowledge/schooling of digital circuits?
I am a hobbyist and I didn't ask anyone to do anything other than provide the name of circuits or ic(s) that would do the task stated itself or in combination, I'll figure the rest out. If you feel you are being used or the question is beneath you or you don't think the "right person" is asking the question, stay out of it, don't respond.

Thank you

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I am a hobbyist and I didn't ask anyone to do anything other than provide the name of circuits or ic(s) that would do the task stated itself or in combination, I'll figure the rest out. If you feel you are being used or the question is beneath you or you don't think the "right person" is asking the question, stay out of it, don't respond.
Hi @bteddy1
Your response to an Expert member asking a simple Homework, check question, is a little offensive.

A simple Yes or No was all that was required.

Moderation.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi bt,
I would consider a monostable followed with an AND Gate, assuming we are talking logic level voltages.?
E

Added example:
EG57_ 829.png

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I am trying to build a circuit that will have a trigger input a clock input and a output that is (10) pulses at clock frequency for each trigger pulse.
Unknown circuit
Would it be multiple circuits (chips) or just one? What circuit/chip name(s) do I search for. Any suggested links to explain how to do this?
Thank You
There are multiple ways to solve a problem like this, depending on what your constraints and background is.

Yes, it can be done with a single chip, such as a microcontroller or an FPGA. Or it can be done with a small handful of chips, such as a timer and counter and some glue logic. Or it can be done with a bunch of chips if you want to do the design at a more fundamental level.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If you feel you are being used or the question is beneath you or you don't think the "right person" is asking the question, stay out of it, don't respond.
I asked that because there are specific rules for answering homework questions and yours sounded like one.
But given your snotty attitude, I will gladly "stay out of it".