Help on microcontroller/repeater

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
Yo guys.. i need help on improving my project. Anyway i just want some suggestion and help from here. i just wanna know is it possible/how to :

Remove the Main Controller Module with PIC18F452 and integrate it into the PC alone? Oh, and that main controller module consist of a micro controller and a receiver.
In short, i want to use the PC alone to control everything. Therefore i need to know any luck that that micro controller can be in the PC and how. also the receiver.

Here is a pic of what i meant:

Thanks for the help.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That would be a big project. You will have to determine the function of the PIC in the controller module and make a custom interface card in order for the PC to take over. You will also need to write a driver to duplicate the PIC's control function.

The receiver might be easier to manage, but you would need to post up full details about it before we can tell.

The first part involves your having a CAD program to design an interface card and the ability to somehow reverse engineer the PIC control functions and write low-level code for your PC. It's a big first project.

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
That would be a big project. You will have to determine the function of the PIC in the controller module and make a custom interface card in order for the PC to take over. You will also need to write a driver to duplicate the PIC's control function.

The receiver might be easier to manage, but you would need to post up full details about it before we can tell.

The first part involves your having a CAD program to design an interface card and the ability to somehow reverse engineer the PIC control functions and write low-level code for your PC. It's a big first project.
thanks.. i for your help.. any member have an easier idea?

Also, As you can see from the diagram, it is a wireless transmission. i am using Radiometrix 433MHz transmitter and receiver. Is there any RF repeater out there that will work with this because i want to extend the range. And

Is there any way/method i can transmit the signal over the internet or any devices and then to the receiver(main controller module)?

For example: like i installed the transmitter at place A and place B then Place C(main controller module) is like few kilometers away. Repeaters is one that i can think of but what if it is like so FAR away and i need lots of repeaters which is costly? sorry i just don't know how to explain this.
Pls see the diagram here:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You can transmit the data over the internet, but I don't think it handles RF of whatever modulation. Google returns 57,000 hits on "433 mhz repeater".

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
Did you build the PIC device? If so you can use some sparkfun RF devices on the PC to talk to them, it does take some work, you have to know the protocol and know some sort of programming language like maybe processing, C, VB or others.

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
Thanks guys..

Right Now i am using this Intellisense IS-215T Passive Infrared motion detector and a Radiometrix Wireless Transmitter/Receiver.

Can anyone recommend me a better passive infrared motion detector and Wireless Transmitter/Receiver similar to those? Right now i can't find a repeater for that Radiometrix.

Preferably good and fast shipping.

Oh yeah.. i am making sort of an improved monitoring system made by my seniors. i just have to improve on it. And i am using PIC 18 and VB programming.