Help on LDR issue

blitzx002

Joined Oct 2, 2010
Hi everyone, i'm working on a project that simulates a musical instrument, something like a flute or recorder, i intend to replace those hole's on the instrument with LDRs instead, i tried connecting the circuit of the Dark detecting ones in parallel to each one for each LDR but it doesnt work.. only one circuit would work at a time.

Is there any ways i can incoporate a series of LED being lighted up upon triggering each LDR? like you would with buttons? i've tried making buttons as an alternative but i require something that works like LDRs instead of pressing or the use of pressure..

I'm kinda new to electronics as well so thank you for the help :p

erm...your question is quite hard to understand, maybe you could post a diagram?

Anyway, if you can get your circuit to work when you just have 1 battery, 1 LDR and 1 LED, then it will certainly work with more LDR's/LED's but you will have to make sure that for 10 buttons (say) you create 10 circuits connected to the battery independently, i.e. they are in parallel with the battery. This may take too much current now I think about it.....have a play around see how many you can get away with.