Help!, no output on diy power supply and no current display see

geo1703

Joined Jun 1, 2024
Good day, we have a project that is called diy power supply and I follow this circuit on YouTube (
)Screenshot_20240601_081339.jpg, i already follow his circuit but the problem is no output,and the current did cannot be shown in digital voltmeter and ammeter,what should I do?.IMG_20240601_225622.jpg IMG_20240601_225618.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
we have a project that is called diy power supply and I follow this circuit on YouTube
That isn't a voltage regulator. There's no feedback.
i already follow his circuit but the problem is no output,and the current did cannot be shown in digital voltmeter and ammeter,what should I do?
Post the voltages at important nodes.

Your schematic isn't drawn in the "standard" manner. I'll redraw and post in a few minutes.
1717257028326.png
Assuming the 40V input is well regulated, the output voltage will change depending on load. Have no idea why they used the rectifier diodes.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Disconnect your digital ammeter. Don't try to measure current just yet.
Do you have a voltmeter or DMM (digital multimeter)?

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
This circuit, as shown in the schematic, is NOT the same circuit shown in the video. For starters, the video shows a 33 ohm, 5W resistor on the emitter, that is nowhere to be seen in the schematic.

Additionally, that ElectroProject YT channel is full of absurd circuits. He appears to throw in components to see what happens, but really doesn't understand what is going on. That is the reason he never posts schematics and puts music instead of a technical explanation.

For instance.... How does the green pot actually adjust current, without any current sense feedback? It is nonsense.

geo1703

Joined Jun 1, 2024
Welcome to AAC!

Your schematic isn't drawn in the "standard" manner. I'll redraw and post in a few minutes.
View attachment 323659
Assuming the 40V input is well regulated, the output voltage will change depending on load. Have no idea why they used the rectifier diodes.
Thank you for helping me, is this circuit working?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Thank you for helping me, is this circuit working?
No. It's just a redraw of what you posted. It isn't a voltage regulator circuit and it doesn't have current limiting either.

The second circuit I posted is a regulator with current limiting.

geo1703

Joined Jun 1, 2024
No. It's just a redraw of what you posted. It isn't a voltage regulator circuit and it doesn't have current limiting either.

The second circuit I posted is a regulator with current limiting.
Thank you for helping me, i want to follow the one you send but the problem is some components are not available. THANK YOU

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Welcome to AAC!

View attachment 323659
Hi,

Usually the diodes or zener are present to set up a quasi-voltage reference source. That sets the output voltage to a value that stays roughly the same even with load or input voltage change (transistor as voltage follower).
This looks more like a cross between a voltage regulator and a capacitance multiplier. That would be used to smooth the input if there was ripple and not as much to regulate the output voltage value.