help needed(what am i looking at)Battery back up or Transformer and where to find manufacturer?

martin5y

Joined Jun 11, 2020
trying to source a back up battery help needed,the only numbers i could find are 14410076D1 but no product manufacturer,any ideas would be much appreciated

20200612_072250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The 12V from a transformer is AC but most electronic circuits are powered from DC.
Do you think that the big thing in your photo is a transformer? Is it broken and you need to replace it?
But maybe it is not a transformer and instead it might be a switched-mode voltage converter with an unknown DC output.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
You did not tell us what the complete device is or what it does. I do not recognize it. It would be easier to help you if you gave some clues. Is it working ? If not, what is it not doing that it should do?
What ever is potted in the large plastic container is probably not a transformer or a battery but without more information, we can only make wild guesses.
Regards,
Keith

martin5y

Joined Jun 11, 2020
You did not tell us what the complete device is or what it does. I do not recognize it. It would be easier to help you if you gave some clues. Is it working ? If not, what is it not doing that it should do?
What ever is potted in the large plastic container is probably not a transformer or a battery but without more information, we can only make wild guesses.
Regards,
Keith
Hi Keith,it is for pest control(rats and mice,it works by giving the rodents a low voltage shock through metal rails surrounding a building.
what would be your wild guesses...im stumped on this part.

martin5y

Joined Jun 11, 2020
Transformer says input 240V / output 12V ..
What are the markings on the other Transformer that looks like it's connected to the speaker terminals?
The only markings was a sticker with a code 14410076D1 no product name or manufacturer,so i have searched and come up with nothing.
Back up batteries only have a positive and negative(2 wires)this part has 4 wires,so im confused as to what it is.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Hi Keith,it is for pest control(rats and mice,it works by giving the rodents a low voltage shock through metal rails surrounding a building.
what would be your wild guesses...im stumped on this part.
The potted device in the plastic box will be a high voltage pulse transformer. You should be able to measure the continuity of the primary winding which is the two wires that are disconnected from the circuit board. It should have a fairly low resistance. The resistance of the secondary winding, the two wires that go to the output terminals, should be quite a bit higher than the primary.
Keith

martin5y

Joined Jun 11, 2020
The potted device in the plastic box will be a high voltage pulse transformer. You should be able to measure the continuity of the primary winding which is the two wires that are disconnected from the circuit board. It should have a fairly low resistance. The resistance of the secondary winding, the two wires that go to the output terminals, should be quite a bit higher than the primary.
Keith
Thanks Keith,if i need to change this product i have no idea where to start as there is no product name or information other than a number 14410076D1 and when i type that into a search i get no information,so how would i source such a product?
I will try to test very soon,and thanks again for your help.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Thanks Keith,if i need to change this product i have no idea where to start as there is no product name or information other than a number 14410076D1 and when i type that into a search i get no information,so how would i source such a product?
I will try to test very soon,and thanks again for your help.
I will assume that the device has stopped working. Have you made any tests on it ? If so, what have you found?
Keith