Help needed to identify a wave without using any Graphical means

APDEV

Joined May 30, 2014
Hellow Mr. Crutschow,
The software couldn't find CD4047 and CD4000 files.... Can you help in installing those ?

WHY DID YOU USE a CD4000 file HERE ? WHERE IS THE CD4000 SECTION IN MY CIRCUIT ?

i am a beginner in LTspice.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
CAN ALL THESE STIMULATION SOFTWARES ( especially the LTspice ) generate the exact wave form as expected ???
My experience is that Spice simulations, such as from LTspice, are a pretty good approximation of the actual circuit operation for the most part, but it is dependent on how good the part models are and whether circuit board parasitics are a significant factor in the circuit operation. I would never build a circuit without doing a simulation before. It can catch a lot of circuit errors.

Re the CD4000 files, they are required for the CD4047 to operate. I'll have to get back with you on installing those later tomorrow.

APDEV

Joined May 30, 2014
Thank you mr. Crutschow

Here i am attaching a link to a website which illustrates how to make any square wave inverter a perfectly sine wave one. Could you plz read it and check the circuit using LTspice and ensure whether we are getting exact sine waves from that ???

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The circuit linked to will produce a square-wave output; not a sine-wave and certainly not a pure sine-wave. The PWM will not chop the square-wave as described in the article, because the triac once triggered stays conducting for each half of the input square wave.

Last edited:

APDEV

Joined May 30, 2014
OK.... THANKS.....
Then can you suggest me a pure sine wave inverter circuit which wouldn't be so much expensive to build also using familiar components ?
I do not like to include programming chips like micro controllers in my project, since i am not much an expert in programming.... More than that i don't like to add extra cost in constructing this inverter by spending money for unnecessary programming too.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
can you suggest me a pure sine wave inverter circuit which wouldn't be so much expensive to build also using familiar components ?
I'm not aware of any which meet those requirements. Others may be able to help.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Below are the files I believe are needed and their location to do the LTspice simulation for a CD4047. You put them into the LTC directory (typically in the Program Files (x86) as follows:

View attachment CD4000.zip Unzip this and place in \lib\sym\digital folder.

View attachment CD4047B.sub.txt Remove the .txt extension and place in the \lib\cmp folder

View attachment CD4000.lib.doc Remove the .doc extension and place in the \lib\cmp folder.

View attachment CD4047B.asy.txt Remove the .txt extension and place in the lib\sym\digital folder.

Be sure you backup all your files before doing this.

Restart LTspice to incorporate the files in your simulations.

Last edited:

APDEV

Joined May 30, 2014
Thank you very much Mr. Crutschow...

Did you notice the circuit that i linked recently , which is able to convert any type of square wave inverter to pure sine wave ones ?