help-needed-push-pull ckt...

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

I have 12 0 12V transformer of 30A max transformer of UPS which has 4-5 tapping at output for AVR (external) and the circuit is working fine i have tested 200Watt BULB and 300Watt Drill machine running.
the amp meter was showing more than ~15A at heavy load from 12V 7AH battery of UPS. so i guess the output power tested till now is 24Vx15A =360VA.
The no-load current taken by Transformer is 900mA. as there is no voltage regulation circuit so voltage fall down at load.
Someone suggest me to use 3524 PWM modulator. please help me with it as data sheet suggest the working freq range from 10hz to 400khz but in India 50hz is working freq., so, what to do??

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The SG3524 and TL494 ICs are used in pure sinewave inverters (not in simple modified sinewave inverters). Their oscillator operates at a high frequency, maybe 100kHz and is Pulse-Width-Modulated with 50Hz or 60Hz.

Because the oscillator frequency is high then a small ferrite stepup transformer can be used.

Look for Pure Sinewave Inverter Circuit in Google.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I have never needed and have never used an inverter.
I have been to large picnics where a gasoline engine powered alternator was used instead of an inverter.
Buy an inverter, take it apart and see all the parts it uses.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why output is taken from emmiter not from collector and why 1W pull up resistance are used can't we use less power resistance??
The outputs of the transistors are the collectors that drive the transformer.

The power supply voltage is 28VDC so the 1k resistors dissipate at least 400mW. A 1/2W resistor would be VERY hot.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Please learn about the basics of electronics before you copy somebody's circuit of a pure sinewave inverter. Look at the fairly low output current of an SG2524.

You said it is your FYP. First Year Project?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
but i am talking of voltage
If your output transistors are Mosfets then the IC voltages driving them is fine. But if your output transistors are ordinary bipolar transistors then their bases need a lot of current that the IC cannot provide.

OK can u provide a stand ckt which i can use having voltage regulation.
Are you learning how to simply copy and simply solder parts together?
In university I learned how to DESIGN my own circuits, not simply copy a circuit.

Do you want a modified sinewave (almost a squarewave) output or a pure sinewave output from your inverter?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Are you learning how to simply copy and simply solder parts together?
In university I learned how to DESIGN my own circuits, not simply copy a circuit.
You are right but i have no idea how to design.
Do you want a modified sinewave (almost a squarewave) output or a pure sine wave output from your inverter?
I will prefer to sin wave.

Anyway, i have gone to UPS production company in my town the owner was an Engg he inform me that in my circuit to add the short ckt protection at every Mosfet.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
AG i want to make MOSFET protection ckt please help me, i have Google and found there was lot of chip used for it but can u provide me a basic/ simple schematic?