HELP needed on 37LF65 Lcd Tv problem

Welshy_Pete

Joined Nov 5, 2011
Sorry mate. I cannot see any issue there.

U need to post complete board and take the picture perpendicular to the board.

I need to look at both sides
Where the circut lines go around there solders on them. But some see to have solders missing gaps where the lumps go flat. That would make the circuts go faulty if there no solid solders joints in the lines?

I will get some more pictures now.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Wait..is that a Plasma ?
Seems like one...

OK..Can you gimme a close up of the supply..
U see u need to have good pictures, if we a to see the fault

Take high resolution closeup by dividing the board in to four parts.
Upload them into photo bucket.
High resolution will help me to look closer

Oh yeah...better lighting too

Last edited:

Welshy_Pete

Joined Nov 5, 2011
Wait..is that a Plasma ?
Seems like one...

Ok will get some better pictures.

Welshy_Pete

Joined Nov 5, 2011
Wait..is that a Plasma ?
Seems like one...

It looks like its had new capicitors fitted on this board. Also there the ones that go on this board they have been changed.

I cant get a close up photo to show things clearly it wont happen. All the blob circuits are fine I can see them clearly.

What my problem is and no body got the answer for it. The circuit silver lines nothing else but these have breaks in them. Meaning not the circuit on the board but the solder on the silver lines has either melted or warn away flat. The pictures wont show these but this is what I can see.

It should all be lump where the solder goes on to for it to work correctly?

I cant get better pictures so Im describing it clearly.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
If you are talking about the zebra solder patterns, they are how they should be.
Extra solder is to handle higher currents.

First tell me if you got a DVM and what skills you have measuring voltage. For u to tackle a repair, you should be able to measure voltage quite comfortable.

I need to know this since LCD uses quite high voltage and if you mishap, you are likely to damage the board and injure ur self.

Second, If I am to guide you, you need a better camera. cause from only through closeups I can tell you where to measure voltage.

Welshy_Pete

Joined Nov 5, 2011
If you are talking about the zebra solder patterns, they are how they should be.

First tell me if you got a DVM and what skills you have measuring voltage. For u to tackle a repair, you should be able to measure voltage quite comfortable.

I need to know this since LCD uses quite high voltage and if you mishap, you are likely to damage the board and injure ur self.

Second, If I am to guide you, you need a better camera. cause from only through closeups I can tell you where to measure voltage.

Thats what I mean there solder missing in parts at least 1/4 on the hole board. With this not able to handle higher currents what would this cause?

I only have a multi meter tester its got 2 red prongs and 1 black prong.

I also have a automotive multi tester with flash light.

Welshy_Pete

Joined Nov 5, 2011
show me..
and about clear pics ?
Ive got somebody who going to test the power board. This will then give me an idea whats wrong with the tv then. Its either the power board or the mains av board.

I will update on this and see what the situation is then. It will make things alot easyer then.