Help needed in identifying the sensor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by deepak.midri, Jun 21, 2014.

  1. deepak.midri

    Thread Starter New Member

    Jun 2, 2014
  2. Dodgydave

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 22, 2012
    Looks like its a Ferrite rod of some type,with a piezo receiver as well, it will be tuned to the frequency of the transmitter.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. deepak.midri

    Thread Starter New Member

    Jun 2, 2014
  4. mcj74

    New Member

    Jan 10, 2007
    Whatever type of sensor combination that is, it is not any "standard" component types that I can tell. It is very specialized. I doubt you will be able to find any pieces of it from typical component vendors such as Digikey, Mouser, Newark, etc. Even if you could piece components together, there is essentially zero chance it would work correctly, as there are too many factors involved in tuning the thing, as shown in your second link. To do so, would be a good project for a doctorate-level electronics engineering degree.

    Likely, the only people that would have a replacement part are the manufacturer. Try their "contact us" and see if they can get a replacement part. I checked eBay for "EON", "ultrasonic milk sensor" and... nothing. As a last resort, look to buy another one that does not work, but has this part intact, and salvage it.
  5. wayneh


    Sep 9, 2010
    I agree - you need help from the manufacturer.