Help need in design of a board

nanderson

Joined Sep 3, 2009
The drawing is not the best. We need an estimate on how much the board would cost,your work in making it happen and any criticism or helpful suggestions are welcome. By what I understand, from the person that made this drawing, is the 7 rj 45 at the would be tied into a 3-bit or pins to identify which wire was tripped. we would need a dip switch with 5 pins/bits that would be used as a configurable address that would be sent to the parallel port when a button or relay has been tripped. The four rj45 on the bottom would be used to link multiple boards together so they can perform the same function and send the information to the parallel port on the one port that has the adapter for it. We are currently monitoring the parallel port to see which of the 8 data pins have been tripped but we need to be able to address 60 or more buttons or relays. we currently have cat 5 cable to the buttons and relays. If you have better solutions I would love to hear it. I have no experience in building circuits of any kind and do not have the time to learn before this project is due. If you are interested at all and have questions or need me to clarify something please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you very much for any time and consideration you have given.

Attachments

steinar96

Joined Apr 18, 2009
I recommend you use proper software to draw the boards. There is plenty of free software that does the job quite nicely for most circuits. EagleCad for example is a free, at least for small to medium sized circuits :). It doesnt take a long time at all to draw basic circuit schematics