Help - Microcontroller Programming

rling

Joined Apr 3, 2009
1.) I have two sensors:

a) Force Sensor
b) Accelerometer

2.) I am using PIC16f877.

3.) I am using Kc Wirefree Bluetooth module.

My project is to ADC the sensors' signal in the PIC16f877. Later transmit the signals through Kc Wirefree Bluetooth module. Data acquisition is done real time in the LabView (PC).

I have no knowledge in Programming a PIC. May anyone here kindly help me with the programming code.

Any example(s) available?

**urgent**

Thank you.

Last edited:

rling

Joined Apr 3, 2009
I have roughly done a quick search by keywords. I couldn't find any.

Is there any relevant example in the forum?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
When I first started I got the VTC 2007 C video's. These did a great job of teaching me the basics where I could at least see what was going on.

rling

Joined Apr 3, 2009
When I first started I got the VTC 2007 C video's. These did a great job of teaching me the basics where I could at least see what was going on.
No example code around?

I don't have much time to learn from the basic. :(

Just hoping to get my project done as sooner as possible. :(

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Since you have 'urgent' listed, I'm wondering what the timeframe is.

If you know a programming language already, I'd guess about 2 weeks if you are a quick learner and devote most of every day to it.

Otherwise about a month or more to have everything going, again, if you are a quick learner.

There is a LOT of information to digest that won't fit in a single post, to the point I don't quite know where to start.

I'd suggest finding some "Introduction to PIC Programming" information, ,in C, which should get you to y our "Hello World" program running, and understanding how it works in about 1 day. From there, other projects, such as mik3's Spectrum Analyzer will make sense. Some of the things microcontrollers do/how they respond is sometimes non-intuitive for a few people. Trying to do it too fast will result mostly in frustration.

Start simple, and work up to your complete project, one function at a time, e.g. start with the serial read/write, the PicKit 2 programmer is also a serial debugger, so that might be a good area to start, since feedback is quickly available. Use blinking LED's for output, once you have the accelerometer routines worked out to change LEDs, set up the comms for it to communicate to the bluetooth module.

The PicKit 2 starter kit ($50), has 12 example programs, for ADC, serial, LEDs etc, included, which should give you a jumpstart. They are written in Microchip C18.