Help Me On This Program Plz ?! Any Sudgestion...!

INX

Joined Apr 30, 2007
HELLO, I AM WORKING ON MY MINI-PROJECT AND IT'S ABOUT SEND SERIAL DATA FROM SIGNAL ON PORTA.0 OF PIC 16F877A...I CONVERT THE SIGNAL THEN I SEND DATA TO PC U SING MAX...THEN ON THIS PROJECT I WANT TO SEND DATA WRITEN ON KEY BOARD OF THE PC TO AN LCD...I WROTE THE HOLE PROGRAM BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IT'S :
- FIRST LET TALK ABOUT THE PROGRAM HOW IT WORK...first i work on typing and sending data to lcd then about converting signal applaied on portA...i put an option the program can't send data without typing the number "1"...So the problem is here...when it start sending data of signal, it stop sending caracters typed on keyboard...he still working all the time in the loop signal...how can i resolve this problem it tried every thing, i tried interrupt but it take only one data from the signal or he take data with each caracter...any ideas plz sorry about my englis bcz i am frensh educated so thx for every one and hope u can help me about this plz can u send ur sudgestion on inx_z@hotmail.com thank you

that's the program:

DEVICE 16F877
XTAL = 10
DECLARE LCD_DTPIN PORTD.4
DECLARE LCD_RSPIN PORTC.0
DECLARE LCD_ENPIN PORTC.5
cls
HSERIAL_BAUD = 9600 ' Set baud rate to 9600
HSERIAL_RCSTA = %10010000 ' Enable serial port and continuous receive
HSERIAL_TXSTA = %00100000 ' Enable transmit and asynchronous mode
HSERIAL_CLEAR = ON ' Optionally clear the buffer before receiving
INPUT PORTA

TRISD=0
ADCON1=0X0E
DIM VAR1 AS FLOAT
DIM VAR2 AS FLOAT
DIM SERDATA[1] AS BYTE
DIM I AS BYTE

TOTO:
INC I
WHILE I > 16
CURSOR 2,1
GOTO TOTO
WEND
IF SERDATA[0]<>"1" THEN
HSERIN [STR SERDATA\1]
PRINT STR SERDATA\1
GOTO TOTO
ELSE GOTO SIGNAL
ENDIF

(when i push on 1 on the keyboard it still working in this loop)

SIGNAL:
WHILE 1
VAR1= ADIN 0
VAR2=(VAR1*0.0195/255.0)
HSEROUT [DEC VAR2,13]
DELAYMS 50
GOTO SIGNAL
wend

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Hi...I will dump this code into an 877 over the weekend and see if I sort out your little problem.I will get back to you next week, unless you or someone sorts it before hand....Speak soon.....Daniel.