help me on current booster. TY

rapsiboy

Joined Nov 23, 2010
Please, i need help. this is for my thesis.

my group is gathering/producing voltage and current from a simple item (like solar panel) when face to the sun.

we got a voltage ranging from 4 volts to 10 volts, but our current is very small, only 200 microampere to 900microampere. sometimes it reach 1 miliampere.
i need that current to be boost up. i think i want to boost it to at least 200 milliampere.

can anybody help me with this. thank you.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Since the power has to remain the same and P=VI, increasing current 200 times will require the voltage to drop 200 times. Not a very good solution, is it? Well you can´t expect much from 10mW.

gootee

Joined Apr 24, 2007
What are the specs of the panel? What is its size? Are you certain that you were measuring it correctly? Describe the measurement setup.

If that is all the panel can deliver, then either you have to use a different solar panel or put hundreds of that type of panel in parallel (electrically) with each other.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Add more panels, after that, you could use a DC-DC converter for less voltage and more current, though you will need to subtract roughly 20% in efficiency losses.