help me in matlab in GUI

Eng_Bandar

Joined Feb 27, 2010
Hi all,

I designed to draw sine wave by GUI in matlab, and I want open GUI wihtout open m-file or matlab ( this for protect my code ). How can I do that ?

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I dont think I understand what you are saying.

If you want a sine wave, use the signal or function generator.

If you want to open MATLAB without opening your files, dont click on your file. Go to the folder where MATLAB is installed and click on MATLAB.

Eng_Bandar

Joined Feb 27, 2010
^^^^^
Thank you for your answer
My question is I want open project designed by GUI (Graphical User Interface) in matlab but if I do this must open matlab software and m-file for project ( code of project ) that is mean anyone will change in code because you are can't open the project without open matlab and m-file.

for example, find calculator designed by matlab ( in GUI ) if you want open it just press its icon and window will appear to you. Problem where? if don't protect your GUI, anyone can open the calculator and open its code and may be he changes your calculator because your code appear for and anyone ( Why appear for anyone? because you don't protect your code) this is my question I hope clear for you.
I don't anyone see my code in GUI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_user_interface

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You can change the permissions for MATLAB to allow only your user allowed to open it.

If you want others to be allowed to use MATLAB but not open your code, you can change the permissions of your code file so ONLY you can read, write, or execute.

Eng_Bandar

Joined Feb 27, 2010
You can change the permissions for MATLAB to allow only your user allowed to open it.

If you want others to be allowed to use MATLAB but not open your code, you can change the permissions of your code file so ONLY you can read, write, or execute.
But how ???????

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Friend, I do not know what operating system you are using..

So what you should do is google 'Setting file permissions' for your operating system.

If it is a flavor of linux or windows or whatnot.

That will teach you how to do read-write-execute on your files.

You should also google 'Password protecting files'

Good luck.