Help me! -- How to design an elevator pad/display in which a user enters a floor number

Batoul_5

Joined Dec 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a project on digital logic design, and please I need help.

How to design an elevator pad/display in which a user enters a floor number, and the display shows the floor numbers in sequence (whether going up or going down). Using the logic gates, FSM, etc.

If you have any idea how can I do it please let me know,
Thank you all.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hola Batoul

If your elevator cover, say 8 floors, you would need 14 buttons, 7 to go up and 7 to go down. (Hope you understand why).

Once this is clear for you, decide on how you will read them. I presume that you will be using a micro to do it in sequence (that is the secret) thus no clash between two buttons being pushed down at the same time.

Another point: you do it continuously, all the time.

Based on that, now start your design.

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
Why on earth would you need 14 buttons for 8 floors? What elevator have you been on like that?

Batoul, try starting with drawing out a state machine diagram that does what you need. Then figure out the gates needed.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Why on earth would you need 14 buttons for 8 floors? What elevator have you been on like that?

Batoul, try starting with drawing out a state machine diagram that does what you need. Then figure out the gates needed.
With the exception of first and last floor you need two to require UP or DOWN.

n1ist

Joined Mar 8, 2009
Sounds like he is designing the panel inside the cab... Do a search here; elevator questions come up a few times every year...
/mike

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a project on digital logic design, and please I need help.

How to design an elevator pad/display in which a user enters a floor number, and the display shows the floor numbers in sequence (whether going up or going down). Using the logic gates, FSM, etc.

If you have any idea how can I do it please let me know,
Thank you all.
Are you talking about a familiar 12-key pad and display as opposed to an array of buttons, one for each floor, like we find in elevators? A similar pad and display on each floor so you request a floor not just call an elevator?
jI can see the value of this in large buildings.