[Help] Making a USB remote Shutter

ryandigweed

Joined Feb 1, 2012
I need some help...

Im trying to make one using this schematic,

with this button :

Its supposed to supply a small electric charge to the camera when i push the button, but instead, it's Supplying current all the while, and then stopping when i press the button, any idea why?

I checked this by placing an LED on the points of the usb.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
A) what does USB have to do with shutter?
B) You likely bought a normally closed switch, which opens when pressed.
C) I think you have the battery backwards.

ryandigweed

Joined Feb 1, 2012
A) The usb will be pluged into the camera
B) No way to make use with this plug?
C) I've put the battery in the opposite position :(

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
A) I still don´t see why would you want to put a 3V battery across the 5V usb port? You expect it to take a snapshot when you push the switch? I doubt that it would do that.
B) If the switch is NC then yes it won´t work the way you want it to.

ryandigweed

Joined Feb 1, 2012
A) Yeah it would do that. (using a program on the camera)
B) Is NC normally closed? it seems so that it is NC :( needs to be NO?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
B) Is NC normally closed? it seems so that it is NC :( needs to be NO?
Unless you want to hold the switch until you´re ready to take the picture, you need a normaly open switch. This kind of switch costs something like $0.2, or you can make a make-shift from pieces of wire, battery contacts or something like that.

ryandigweed

Joined Feb 1, 2012
Yeah, I guess im stuck in that situation. I will pick it up tomorrow maybe. I just ran to the market but everything was closed. Will keep you guys updated :)

ryandigweed

Joined Feb 1, 2012
Thanks for the guidance guys. I went out and bought the switch and a bunch of soldering tools. And plugged it in, it worked amazing. Even pulled out the housing of an invertor, and modded the circuit to place it in that.

Any of you guys know any step by step guides/ resources to make some usefull and easy circuits? Many micro controllers etc aren't available where i am. So I've got to use basic stuff. Something like an Audio Mixer.

My friend made an audio mixer to crossfade between two channels, along with a headphone outlet. and Volume Potentio-meter. I couldn't find the schematic for that. Anyone has that around?