help making a circuit board

markosillypig

Joined Jul 21, 2008
hi all i have tried lots of programs for making circuit boards and they still dont work for me could any one make me a circuit board template as i have tried so many times without sucsess
thanks
pic of scamat included

Attachments

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
In any of the PCB circuit software, you have to first reproduce your schematic in the software "schematic capture". You don't just start off with the "PCB maker" part of the software.

Hope this helps.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
In any of the PCB circuit software, you have to first reproduce your schematic in the software "schematic capture". You don't just start off with the "PCB maker" part of the software.

Hope this helps.

Actually, you can just jump right into making the PCB without a schematic, but there will not be any error checking.... (I do this all the time in Eagle and in Express PCB), But it is highly recommended that the OP start with a schematic since it would be easier to check netlist errors and such...

B. Morse

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
No, that isn't necessarily true. You could make a PCB design by laying out the circuit "free hand" if the software allows it. Obviously it's a risky procedure, but if the circuit is simple it would have a chance.

Try FreePCB:

http://www.freepcb.com/

If this is one that you've tried and failed with, then all I can say is you haven't tried very hard. It's dead simple.

Edited to say: My reply was directed at the original message, not BMorse.

Last edited:

markosillypig

Joined Jul 21, 2008
HI Thanks sgtwookie for the advice i managed to do it
just wondered if some one could check it to make sure it is ok
i'm going to mount the to3 on the outside of the box
tp9/7/6 or for the to3 tp3/4 are for the vcc+ and -

thanks
marko

Attachments

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You might find the video interesting - http://www.edn.com/blog/1700000170/post/30053603.html?nid=3351&rid=16356411

I have this thing about threading traces between pads, unless really necessary. The attached layout is a suggested alternative. Notice I used a cheapo FET in place of those two transistors. I see I left off the 220 μF cap, but by accident.

The component J1 is a zerohm resistor. A clipped resistor lead will work as well as a jumper.

Attachments

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It's an N channel FET. Google the name to find a data sheet. Just about any TO-220 package FET should work. I selected that one because of availability and it's cheap. An IRF510 or 520 would probably do as well.