Help in understanding a schematic

TheTool

Joined Aug 4, 2010
Hi,
I have accidently burnt and totaly ruint the original soldering point that goes to the vibration motor on my cellphone device.
I am tring to find an alternative soldering point so that vibration will work,
schematic attached.
I already tried the "obvious points" marked blue and vibration does work but for too long (instead of 1/4sec works for 2sec).

So where is the best alternative soldering point?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Simply find the trace connected to the hole and use sandpaper to remove the solder mask to expose the copper trace and solder to it.. Or use a multimeter to find another pad with continuity to your burnt hole (assuming you can get contact with it somehow).

Not sure what good the schematic does as if you tried the proper points and it didn't work your schematic is not correct. Or another device was connected via that burnt hole and it's not working anymore either.

TheTool

Joined Aug 4, 2010
I have tried to scratch the original point but the copper underneath is ground..
it is possible to touch the original point with the multimeter (but not to solder to it) but it's a cellphone with so many components don't think i'll find it so easy..
I'm already working on this for hours.. the points are really small...

BTW the phone is nokia 5800 and the schematic is official from nokia.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
#1-how did you destroy a surface mount pad??

#2- So I'm assuming the motor in the schematic is the vibration motor you are talking about..
Now which pin of the motor did you burn? The - or +.
If that schematic is correct and lets say you burnt the pad for the - of the motor.. Now if you connect that tab of the motor to the side of C2112 ( the side also connected to C2111)
OR.. you burnt the + pad for the motor and tried to connect the motor tab on that to the other side of C2112...and your motor didn't work correctly either time then you have something else going on as clearly thats where you would connect it assuming that schematic is correct.

#3-get out the multimeter and start probing till you find a suitable other connection with continuity to the burnt pad... or put down the soldering iron, get a new phone and stop the mayhem now.. :) ;)