Help in designing power distribution board

Siddharth513

Joined Apr 14, 2021
Hey everyone , Rookie here, i want to design a power distribution board in EAGLE ,which involves the following parameters
- 36V 120 Amps rating
- 6 motor outputs (36v each)
- input reverse polarity protection
- 5V buck output for pixhawk fmu
- current level monitor at output of 5V
- proper themal and ESD protection characteristics
- mounting holes m5
- different gnd planes for high voltage and low voltage circuits

I've made the schematic and board only for the buck which i will be attaching with this .
i need help in choosing the parts to be added in the schematic along with basic layout of the schematic.
Instead of giving the direct solution , if u could teach me on how to proceed with each step , it would be really helpful.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hey everyone , Rookie here, i want to design a power distribution board in EAGLE ,which involves the following parameters
- 36V 120 Amps rating
- 6 motor outputs (36v each)
- input reverse polarity protection
- 5V buck output for pixhawk fmu
- current level monitor at output of 5V
- proper themal and ESD protection characteristics
- mounting holes m5
- different gnd planes for high voltage and low voltage circuits

I've made the schematic and board only for the buck which i will be attaching with this .
i need help in choosing the parts to be added in the schematic along with basic layout of the schematic.
Instead of giving the direct solution , if u could teach me on how to proceed with each step , it would be really helpful.
Go ahead and post the image of your schematic(s). A lot of folks around here are leery about opening files, and/or too lazy to bother. But people will jump on schematics.

It'll also help to describe the power source and the loads.

For the 5V, I personally would have just bought one of the many, many modules on eBay. I can't build one cheaper and I'm certain you could get the amperage readout built in.