Help identifying piece of equipment US NAVY? CMD-50ADC OF ARD-2 -nxs-12756

incredible26069

Joined May 8, 2021
Hello, i picked up a few pieces of old equipment. pretty sure its us navy related. has some stuff on it but am having issues finding info on this item!! just started getting in to this stuff, i've been trying to pick up stuff whenever i can. any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

incredible26069

Joined May 8, 2021
i spent a while trying to figure out some info. typing it all different ways. finally found some documents. so what i got is the model is ARD-2, specifically patent from us navy. used in the 50s. it was used in navy aviation. they would use it in jets and helicopters. it was used to detect 2-3 times farther than the normal radar in the aircraft. it would measure pulse generations created from whatever it was detecting. like a airplane or helicopter.

all the info was on the us navy unclassified documents listed in the link i provided in last post. scroll down about 6 pages and there are a couple straight forward paragraphs on the ARD-2. i picked this up at the local swap meet fro 20 dollars!! also came with a STROBOTAC. pretty cool