Help identifying parts

Gunfus

Joined Oct 20, 2011
Hi there,

I have a electronic fly swapper that has a broken handle, and would like to fix it. The new handle doesn't have as much space and i need to remove some elements, on top of that I won't be making use all the elements.

I need your help to determine what I can take off or what are the elements use for so that i can determine to take it out and how to connect the rest.

Attach is a picture of the elements with numbers and one without numbers. Please help determine what this elements are, I don't know much about electronics, but I always wanted to learn. This is my first project.

The device came with a:
- rechargeable battery that output two volts.
- a plug into the wall for charging the battery
- a switch to turn it on
- two push buttons one to activate the electric swapper and one two activate a led

Please HELP!:confused:

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
1) Transformer.
2) Capacitor.
3) Capacitor.
4, 5) Diodes; the cathodes are on top (banded ends)
6, 7) Capacitors

None of these items can be removed without destroying the functionality of the board.

Gunfus

Joined Oct 20, 2011
1) Transformer.
2) Capacitor.
3) Capacitor.
4, 5) Diodes; the cathodes are on top (banded ends)
6, 7) Capacitors

None of these items can be removed without destroying the functionality of the board.

Thank you. That helps a lot..

I forgot to mentioned that I have remove the plug to and that the battery and intend to replace the rechargeable batteries with a one AA batteries or two perhaps since the original battery was outputting 2v.

With that I assume since the plug will be removed (is removed) I can probably remove the transformer? since I assume it was used to recharge the battery from the 120 DC on the wall?

The Capacitors are probably to provide a discharge when the zapper is activated with something that conducts electricity? So that I can't alter.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I can't see how everything interconnects; and you haven't shown the entire board.

There are at least one, probably two transistors on the board somewhere that switch current to the primary of the transformer to generate a high voltage on the secondary winding. If you remove the transformer, you will no longer have a high voltage output.

They make those flyswatters as cheaply as possible; anything that was possible to leave out, they did. If you take anything else out, it won't work.