Joined Aug 19, 2011
Could you please help me identify this microcontroller? Here is what I know:

- 90% sure it is made by a Chinese or Korean company
- TQFP-44
- logo is a large "C" with a smaller "x" in the centre
- chip markings are: "XC8807" and "230B"
- 8Mhz external crystal
- 5V supply

My final goal is to obtain a datasheet and programming information for it, however even determining the manufacturer is proving difficult. I have already browsed all the semiconductor logo websites I could find.

If I can find out the company that made it, I'll try contacting them.

Thank you,

Hector

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
The only manufacturer I find is XILINX. Their components begin with XC (image search google). However, they have a different logo.

hectorh

Joined Aug 19, 2011
Yes, Infineon and Motorola also use "XC" prefixes. However I'm quite sure the chip I'm looking at is of Asian origin. It could be a clone of a more popular microcontroller, but searching for "*8807*" hasn't been very productive.

Other components on the board are:

• Array of push-pull transistors to drive external mecha
  • TI RS-485 transceiver
  • Power section
  • SDA/SCL (I2C) to a Sony Image Processing chip
Notably absent from the board is an eeprom, which leads me to think that the microcontroller has built-in nv-ram/eeprom in addition to some type of flash to store the firmware.

There is also no visible JTAG port, however I do know the microcontroller can be programmed in-circuit.

My ultimate purpose is that I need to alter the commands being sent to the Sony Image processing chip and I'm trying to avoid having to use a "man-in-the-middle" attack to filter/replace the I2C bus data.

suds

Joined Apr 28, 2009
what board is it ?
can you post picture of full board, any names, marking on board

it can be conexant also (may be old logo, I am guessing it)