help how can i have a gain around 500 and frequency ranges from 0 to 100k ac signal

pinoyballer

Joined Oct 31, 2007
theres a as ac sinewave signal with a 10 mV peak to peak. I want it to have a gain of 500 so it will have 5 Volts peak to peak. And the range of frequence that you can do this is from 0 to 100k Hz. Is there a chip you can use to do this. any circuit you guys can give me to do. is it posible to power this using a usb of a laptop? how can you convert the +5 volts of a usb to -5 volts. i need the negative voltage for the V- of the op amp.

pinoyballer

Joined Oct 31, 2007
theres a as ac sinewave signal with a 10 mV peak to peak. I want it to have a gain of 500 so it will have 5 Volts peak to peak. And the range of frequence that you can do this is from 0 to 100k Hz. Is there a chip you can use to do this. any circuit you guys can give me to do.
u

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
You will need an op amp with a gain bandwidth product over 50MHz, or a couple of more modest op amps in cascade.
Can you give a real low frequency limit? A frequency of 0Hz is DC.
Also - please don't double post.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
theres a as ac sinewave signal with a 10 mV peak to peak. I want it to have a gain of 500 so it will have 5 Volts peak to peak. And the range of frequence that you can do this is from 0 to 100k Hz. Is there a chip you can use to do this. any circuit you guys can give me to do.
Do you want a power amplifier (for low impedance loads, namely speakers, audio amps are good for this) or a voltage amplifier (rather high impedance loads, a op-amp will do)?

100Hz is well within the frequency range of an audio amplifier, hence the question.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You can search for Texas Instrument's Application Note, AN-31, Op amps for everyone. That will take you through the basics.