Help for voltage regulation

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
Obviously yes but the problem is that your question is too general to actually be able to make sensible suggestions. More details required on your application/current circuit please.

yasinji

Joined Mar 25, 2009
This voltage is used for taking measurement. The voltage varies for 0.5V to 200V. The voltage is created on a coil(inductor) due to induced emf when a current flows through a primary conductor using Faraday's current law..The voltage above 25V is due to fault current in the primary conductor which I dont require to measure. So from 0.5V to 25V I want the actual voltage and above 25V to 200V I want the voltage to be clamped at 25V.

I dont know much theory nor I am a professional on this design its just trial and error. Can anyone help to find a component which can do my job? Please help!!!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Do you have any schematic or diagram for this setup. More details are needed. Do you want to clamp the output just for measurement? That may simplify the the setup

Stuntman

Joined Mar 28, 2011
Varistors and/or TVS diodes come to mind.

As mentioned, specific information about what kind of current you will be fighting will help in selecting specific components.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What is the inductance and the current value?
That is the critical question.

If you are only dealing with milliamps, the circuit can be clamped with a simple zener diode. More than that amount of current and the components must be larger.