Help for new guy, 12 volt Q

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Sofa King Slow, Feb 26, 2009.

  1. Sofa King Slow

    Thread Starter New Member

    Feb 26, 2009
    I want to eliminate the ignition switch on my car. I am going to toggle the ACC (or I) position, I want to use the Cruise Control button for the IGN (or II) position and am going to use a late-model starter button for START. All of this will be relayed, of course.

    In reference to the IGN step, I need to know the name of the component that will take the momentary voltage supplied through the cruise control button and keep the relay supplied with power until I turn off the toggle switch.