Help finding out what type of AC Adapter I need

droggie

Joined Oct 21, 2012
I'm looking to power these speakers. They require a 14V adapter. I've managed to find a 15V adapter, however it is not the type as it has a prong in the middle and does not fit. Is there a 14V adapter or do I need to use a 15V? If so what type?

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Adapters like this are not decided by voltage. They are decided by size. You need to plug in whatever plugs you have until you find something that fits, then buy one for your power supply.

droggie

Joined Oct 21, 2012
What do you mean power supply? That is what the ac adapter is for? It's a power supply for the speakers.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
That socket looks like a standard size. Go to Value Village and find an adapter with the correct specs and plug or go to The Source and buy the plug that fits and change the plug on the adapter you have.
Watch the polarity!

droggie

Joined Oct 21, 2012
The 15V adapter I bought from the source. It's head is changeable. Can I just buy the correct one set for 14 or 15V and see if it fits? I noticed there are types such as A, B, C, D etc...

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The 15V adapter I bought from the source. It's head is changeable. Can I just buy the correct one set for 14 or 15V and see if it fits? I noticed there are types such as A, B, C, D etc...
You need to be sure that it fits AND more important that the polarity is correct. Those "walwarts" usually don't have any regulation so a volt or two difference is pretty normal.