Help finding data sheets for a SCR 7752N

R.anderson

Joined Mar 9, 2013
Help finding data sheets for a SCR 7752N

Here is whats printed on it:

SSC (VERTICAL DIODE SYMBOL) SNL 060
7752N

I'm pretty sure its a SCR but I want to know what the voltage, amperage, trigger voltage ratings are.

I looked for data sheets but all the web sites I searched didn't have em.

I have a about 20 of em on hand and have a use for them if they have the right ratings.

Any help on finding data sheets for this component will be appreciated.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Which package? Photos?

I did a quick check in my substitution books but nothing under 1N7752 or 2N7752, nothing under SNLxxxx or 2SC7xxx.

The numbers look pretty funky. A photo, and info of their age would help enormously.

Kingsparks

Joined May 17, 2011
I tried all my sources and all combinations of the numbers I could think of. Came up with some strange things but no SCR.

If you are fairly sure it, they are SCR why don't you set up a test circuit and find out? You might have to sacrifice a few to find the limits but as are they are doing you no good.

If you are unsure how to do that I could suggest a circuit but understand, you use it at your own risk and if they are not SCR you will surly destroy them.

Also things would get hot for the destruction test. Maybe you could test them to the limits you need and say 50% beyond rather then to destruction.

Roland :cool:

R.anderson

Joined Mar 9, 2013
Bolt/stud mount package
My guess 70's

I salvaged these from temperature controllers from several molecular beam control units that I purchased from a university surplus sale several years ago.

Found two modules that are still intact and it says "Thyristor" on the front of it so the components have to be SCRs.

I thought they were all the same but found two others:

SSC (VERTICAL DIODE SYMBOL) SNL 060
7802N

AEI SNL060 7839

I'm guessing these will be close in ratings.

Thought about burning a couple up to find the limits thought searching and asking to see if the data is out there would be a little safer and parts saving. Im not sure what SCRs do when they fail- blow up, burn, pop, boom, all the above.

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
... I salvaged these from temperature controllers from several molecular beam control units that I purchased from a university ...
AH! Yes I have some similar units on the molecular beam processors controlling the fission reactor that drives my Delorian's main flux capacitor. :D

SSC SNL 060 7802N
AEI SNL060 7839
More seriously now, it looks like the part number is SNL060, SSC and AEI are manufacturers, and 7802 and 7839 is the standard year/week date code when they were made (ie 1978, week 02).

The package is definitely typical for 16A and 25A stud rectifiers and with 3 wires they are stud SCRs for sure. Old ones are often 16A, new replacements now are usually 25A in that package.

There's still nothing in the book, no SNL numbers at all, under SN there is no "060" and no NL parts. They generally don't use leading zeros, so the "060" number is very unusual.

They would be fine for things like battery chargers, you know they are at least 16A SCRs, and can have a guess at the voltage based on any caps (or mains wiring) connected to them in the original device. They may (or may not) be mains rated, but they should still be fine for low voltage work like a battery charger.

Last edited:

R.anderson

Joined Mar 9, 2013
Delorian's main flux capacitor thats good :)

16amps, perfect all I need is 15amps max.

Date codes, makes sense because I'm pretty sure they were made in the 70's

Thanks for the info/replies everyone.