Help finding a transistor <----- urgent please

Status
Not open for further replies.

JieMan

Joined May 4, 2013
Hello, I have been searching for a transistor but as I am clueless it has been difficult, I came across this great resource here, and am hoping I can get some insight to my problem.
Here's the background.... My wipers stopped in the family car, I tracked it down to a control module that is supposed to send the voltage to the wiper motor through this burnt transistor, I was barely able to get the # off the chip, and I may even be wrong on that, I really need some expert advise on what I can replace the transistor with if any equivalent or if I'm stuck shelling out for another module.
I have no problem with replacing the chip, it is only a matter of getting a proper replacement.
Here's some details on the car if it helps,
2002 Audi A4 Quattro Avant 3.0
The board is the J519 control module.
Made by Temic, it has a few numbers on the board,
sticker-
1LM V2

I really appreciate anybody that can help me out on this,

Heres a pic of the burnt transistor.

Here is what I was able to make off the transistor
the number is either 45N06 or 45N05, it was very hard to make anything out.

Last edited:

JieMan

Joined May 4, 2013
Why is this against the TOS? It is a circuit board with a burnt transistor, how is this different than that of a toy r/c car where people are getting help.

Google is not helping, look I really don't have time to spend learning all about transistors and electronic symbols, that's why I came here, in hopes of finding someone who can be of actual help and not just adding to their own post count ( as if it even means anything anyways) to tell me to google it, if there is anybody that can be of some actual assistance to me I would really appreciate it.
I don't know anything about this stuff and I shouldn't have to anyways, it's not my field. I am part of other forums and understand that people snub a newb like me with the only post trying to get help, I don't understand why that is though, isn't that why these forums exist in the first place? To share information with people that have no clue.
Or perhaps someone can direct me to a forum that is a little more accepting and willing to help someone in need of guidance.

Last edited:

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
As stated, automotive projects are taboo on this site. Owner's preference.
How would this be handled if the Red line in the original post had been dropped ?

Hello, I have been searching for a transistor but as I am clueless it has been difficult, I came across this great resource here, and am hoping I can get some insight to my problem.
Here's the background.... My wipers stopped in the family car, I tracked it down to a control module that is supposed to send the voltage to the wiper motor through this burnt transistor, I was barely able to get the # off the chip, and I may even be wrong on that, I really need some expert advise on what I can replace the transistor with if any equivalent or if I'm stuck shelling out for another module.
I have no problem with replacing the chip, it is only a matter of getting a proper replacement.
Here's some details on the car if it helps,
2002 Audi A4 Quattro Avant 3.0

Ramesh

JieMan

Joined May 4, 2013
Thank you for the info provided, I was unaware of the TOS on auto posts, it's not like I was trying to figure out what the problem was, only to find a replacement transistor on a circuit board, it just happened to come from a car, I though the model info would help anyone who had resources into what transistors might have been used, I did indeed try google but as I know nothing about them I really needed someone to say, here you go this is the one you need. I did see a data sheet as well, but really it's like wandering in the dark on this, I can't know everything, although I may think I do sometimes.

"45N06 should be

RFP45N06: 45A, 60V, 0.028 ohm, N-channel MOSFET.

Did you even try google?

Allen"

I came across this one as well, but was unsure of what the markings meant on the top of the transistor like the pic I had drawn of it. That transistor doesn't look like the one I need.

Thanks, again for the guidance and sorry for the disturbance.

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
In page 1 of the datasheet, the mosfet is available in 3 packages. What you needed is called T0263AB package.

Allen

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

This has been already to long.

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus