Help choosing a MOSFET

hawk258

Joined Jan 18, 2014
Hi Guys,

Stuck on a system I am building!

Well I am learning for myself how to design and build electronic systems, just with the help of internet and a couple of books...
My problem is I have been simulating with matlab a buck converter with a variable output voltage and a constant input voltage, Matlab results have been good and I decided to build the system in real life, I have bought a PIC18F4550 but I do not know which MOSFET I should use because I do not really know the criteria I should follow to choose one or which are the best characteristics between different MOSFETs
So basically please if you guys can help me to choose one I would really appreciate it because I am really stucked!

If you think I am doing something wrong or have an idea who can help me with my system you are very welcome to say it, I'm just a fresher in the electronic world! :)

Sorry for the english but I do not usually speak this language....

thank you all

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
You have not provided all the important information we need to help choose a FET.

We need to know the input voltage, the range of output voltages, and the range of output currents you require.

Anirban Raha

Joined Dec 4, 2013
Hi,
If you know the ratings(as suggested by @THE RB), you can just google "MOSFET" along with the required maximum voltage and current ratings in order to find a suitable MOSFET :D. You may also require a MOSFET driver.