Help changing LED's

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Select R3 to drop about .65 volts at the desired LED current. So lets say you want 200 ma (.2 amps) you would use a 3.3 ohm resistor.

daregister

Joined Mar 18, 2013
I am using the NTE123AP and the NTE2395 which are the equivalent mosfet and npn transistor. I also am using the green, the red, and the white LED's. I hooked up the LED's but with R1 and R3 values are confusing for me. I put a 1kohm for r1 and a 15ohm for R3. The LED's work but I was wondering how to do the math to analyze the circuit and I also put the LED's in parallel instead of in series. I think the LED's are better that way. how to increase the current through the LED's? changing R3. What does R1 do. thanks for the help

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I am using the NTE123AP and the NTE2395 which are the equivalent mosfet and npn transistor. I also am using the green, the red, and the white LED's. I hooked up the LED's but with R1 and R3 values are confusing for me. I put a 1kohm for r1 and a 15ohm for R3. The LED's work but I was wondering how to do the math to analyze the circuit and I also put the LED's in parallel instead of in series. I think the LED's are better that way.
Paralleling them will cause unequal brightness unless you put a small amount of resistance in series so they will share better. Select the resistor so that there is maybe 200 - 300 mV drop across it at whatever current is running through the LED.