Help bicycle stolen by roving gang of thugs! (I have pictures!)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Help, my bicycle was just stolen by a roving gang of thugs! The gang was comprised of a young girl with pig tails, a lion, a tin man and a scarecrow. The ring leader appeared to be the young girl (the meanest of the bunch). She owned a small dog that I can best describe as a pit bull on steroids.

I was able to snap a picture of the assailants. They were extremely tall, probably well over 10 feet in
height.
gang.JPG

The gang beat me unmercilessly (except for the lion he kind of just stood there and whimpered) until I gave up my bike.

The little girl even snatched my helmet from my hands and said "this is mine now (and then she called me a dirty word)".

dorthy.JPG

The group mumbled something about having to go to "the Emerald City" to meet "the Wizard". I am assuming that "the Emerald City" is their "hood" and "the Wizard" must be their meth lab cook.

If you know the whereabouts of these gang members or the location of "the Emerald City" then please post a message.

If you see any member of this gang, do not approach! They are extremely dangerous! OK you could probably pummel the lion and he would not do anything but the rest are very dangerous. The tin man even took several swings at me with his axe. Good thing he needed a good oiling, that gave me the time to dodge his attacks.

I think I may have had a near run in with this fiend on a recent tour of the Great Allegheny Passage!

axe.JPG
If I catch that tin man I am going to make a bee hive out of him! No one swings an axe at me and gets away with it!

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Yeah, this area is going to hell. There is a rival gang - here is their leader...

image.jpg

They are fencing the stolen goods at this place....

image.jpg

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hola sp!

Wow! How much weight do you carry there? How many Km in a whole journey?
That is not my bike with the trailer. I would never carry a quarter axe. No need. Even when I am camping I do not carry near as much gear as that.

This is pretty typical

IMG_1176.jpg

Maybe 20-25 lbs (10-11 kg)? Lot of that weight is spare parts and tools. A little heavier if I am camping. Then add tent, air mattress and sleeping bag. I typically don't cook when I camp so no cooking gear or food.

I am comfortable at about 100km a day.

The first two pictures are from a small town near my house called McDonald. Maybe 30 minutes bicycle ride from here.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I don't believe it. I was very near by that place just last year. Not only once but twice. Once bay car once by bike.