Hello there! I am looking for an enthusiast who wants to partner up in a startup trying to create a sustainable solution in the gardening area!

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
Part of what makes a product great is taking all the non encouraging thoughts of others and using them to make the product better. If everyone listened to the negative feedback of others and gave up on their ideas we would not be in same place we are today. There is a certain amount of joy in proving others wrong (but don't take it too far), as well as a certain amount of pain when being proven wrong. Listen to what makes sense for your project, find a way to make it happen and ignore the rest.

My previous post was a bit discouraging I know, but I'm only one person in the middle of fairly rural nowhere. Maybe a group of rooftop gardeners in the city somewhere or a greenhouse developer finds a way to incorporate it and starts the trend to make the OP a success and leaves us kicking ourselves

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Yup, I was going to mention that the no-over-unity policy of this site is the opposite of encouragement.
That was true at one time, not so much lately. I keep getting into some trouble by pointing out that while posters don't come right out and call it "over unity or free energy", they've gotten smarter by not doing that, they are still asking about things that defy all known physics. By getting in trouble I mean being told to only answer the question asked, not to comment on the absurdness of the project. The latest in this is called something like, "how to choose a full bridge driver".

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That was true at one time, not so much lately. I keep getting into some trouble by pointing out that while posters don't come right out and call it "over unity or free energy", they've gotten smarter by not doing that, they are still asking about things that defy all known physics. By getting in trouble I mean being told to only answer the question asked, not to comment on the absurdness of the project. The latest in this is called something like, "how to choose a full bridge driver".
Ive always wondered about the rules around here and have been glad to see changes for the better. We can talk about cars and power supplies can be “transform-less”. I think perpetual motion is a fun topic because of the creative solutions people have dreamed up to get ever closer.

Over-unity is boring though because it’s impossible, anti-science, and worst of all, they all sound alike. Outlandish claims, no evidence, conspiracies, etc. There are plenty of topics I ignore here, so I don’t really care if that is just one more. I’m not sure why the forum would turn anyone away by policy since we’re all free to vote with our feet. If you don’t want to get involved, just look away.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I love how everyone (except @DickCappels) is casting shade, and the OP hasn't even pitched their idea. :rolleyes:
Why would you expect otherwise? Are enthusiasts beating down the TS's door? None have said so publicly, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
Where is it written that we are obligated to blow smoke into dark places, and give people false hopes?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
And that's exactly where the shade is coming from, a lack of a pitch to go with the request.
The request itself is kinda cheeky. I focus on three words in the thread title:

enthusiast = self sufficient, semi-wealthy, person willing to donate money and/or time to an enterprise
partner = someone to share the risk in exchange for an unspecified and possibly dubious reward
startup = an enterprise without structure, funding, or people

I've been to a few rodeos, and this is what it looks like.

I know I'm a cynic and I generally look for coffins when I smell flowers.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Contrast it to the more humble approach. The TS might have asked (begged?) for a job with the person that can actually make the vision happen. But what about the value of the idea? In my experience, good ideas are dime-a-dozen, or worth even less. A critical managerial skill is being able to say NO to most of them, and to keep focus on the very few that fit.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
I have too - Who cares? We're talking about this persons rodeo - and that bronco is sure to buck. We both know that, but at the end of the day - the OP just has to hold on for 8.0s, and they just might win.

But you never know what ideas they have until they pitch.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have too - Who cares? We're talking about this persons rodeo - and that bronco is sure to buck. We both know that, but at the end of the day - the OP just has to hold on for 8.0s, and they just might win.

But you never know what ideas they have until they pitch.
Maybe there is a forum out there where the TS can get the kind of response you think he deserves or worse is entitled to. Maybe reddit, those guys will embrace anything