Hello, I’m looking for a Patent on a Inductor winding method that I saw but can’t now find..

K.e

Joined May 7, 2017
I have what maybe a very dumb question on that patent. I was always told you had to watch polarity of a transformer, winding one like shown in the patent would make it less effective wouldn't it? Being it would use two different winding directions(mirror image winding).
Love your catch phrase

I accidentally came back to this , because I was trying to do one experiment but ‘failed’ so did this one.

I wrapped what would be normally an excess of wire weight in relation to core weight on a ring inductior , that is to say a ratio that would allow the inertia to be offset , that is to say if one had a lamp on the input at the correct V it would not be lit and show a small applied force across it in V

However I split the whole thing into two counter rotations as described in patent

Then merged them and did the ‘lamp’ test again , yes at least when the counter rotational pole vectors are equal then we have what appears to be a ‘cancellation’ of one pole in a less efficient manner.

That is to say the whole device acted about as efficient as if there was just one half of it, I think.

As a side note I did discover that variable ‘polarity vectors’ do not need to be inductively coupled to the same core {depending I guess on what the outcome is}

I wanted to add this so that all that winding of wire didn’t seem like a waste of time.

I can only guess as to what the Patent was explaining, unless there is some missing information relating to polarity vectors that is not in there ?

Regards.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I can only guess as to what the Patent was explaining, unless there is some missing information relating to polarity vectors that is not in there ?
That's the thing about patents, they don't have to work. But thank you for confirming that this winding pattern still conforms to any other type, that windings need to be wound in the same direction to be effective.

K.e

Joined May 7, 2017
That's the thing about patents, they don't have to work. But thank you for confirming that this winding pattern still conforms to any other type, that windings need to be wound in the same direction to be effective.
I can add something that might be of use to experimenting individuals

I’ll have to apologize in advance for the handwriting

So to summarize, as stated I had a 240v lamp 25w at the input which of course lit brightly, then through experimenting I used the rough method of calculating the inductive inertia and used the devices as noted , there is now 3.4 volts applied force across the input 240v bulb and I’m rather left wondering where the energy went?

Edit 3.9 v see attached , there is a slight 50hz buzz but nothing like before, maybe I need to adjust the LC measurements.

Attachments

Last edited: