Joined Jun 29, 2014
please can somebody help me teach me how to connect am reciver in arduino
to control the tuner(station select) of the receiver from arduino
this is the am receiver i copy from website
receiver.png

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
That is a pretty basic radio circuit.
How about getting an old off the shelf radio and driving the tuning knob with a servo?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Radio receivers are tuned RF circuits. The radio is able to select the desired radio station by adjusting components in the circuit so that the circuit becomes sensitive at the desired frequency. In the circuit you have provided, that component is a variable capacitor shown as VC1. In normal use, one would adjust the capacitor by hand until a radio station is heard.

How do you intend to adjust VC1?

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Radio receivers are tuned RF circuits. The radio is able to select the desired radio station by adjusting components in the circuit so that the circuit becomes sensitive at the desired frequency. In the circuit you have provided, that component is a variable capacitor shown as VC1. In normal use, one would adjust the capacitor by hand until a radio station is heard.

i know it changes the frequency ,
but
i want to control the tuner(station select) of the receiver from arduino,
one man he tolde me to do like this, but i dont know how to add the new component and where, this varacator
this the answer
one man he told me like this but i dont know how to add a new component this varacator
this the answer
You should have stated up front and immediately that this circuit was copied from this website. I hardly think it is worth the effort, but to interface this circuit to an Arduino you will need a digital-to-analog converter and one or more varactor diodes, such as this one, an SVC236-TB-E from ON Semiconductors and available from Mouser. You wire two or more of these varactor diodes in parallel and connect them in parallel across the tuning capacitor, VC1, in series with a largish-valued DC-blocking capacitor. You will then need to reverse-bias the varactor diodes with a separate, isolated, DC power source whose output voltage is controlled by the digital-to-analog converter connected to the Arduino. Easy-peasy, then just add some software... er, sorry, a sketch... as software is called in the Arduino world.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Firstly, you need to select the radio circuit that you need to adjust.

RF circuits can be tuned using analog components such as variable capacitors or varactor diodes.

Some radio designs require a local oscillator. You can adjust the frequency of the local oscillator using analog methods as above or you can select the frequency digitally. This is how all modern radios and TVs work.

You can also go straight digital with digital radios.

Hence it depends on the radio circuit you choose to modify and control.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Firstly, you need to select the radio circuit that you need to adjust.

RF circuits can be tuned using analog components such as variable capacitors or varactor diodes.

Some radio designs require a local oscillator. You can adjust the frequency of the local oscillator using analog methods as above or you can select the frequency digitally. This is how all modern radios and TVs work.

You can also go straight digital with digital radios.

Hence it depends on the radio circuit you choose to modify and control.
i know that, but digitaly i dont know
so that circuits must be digitaly
and i dont know how to make it for arduino

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
i know it changes the frequency ,
but
i want to control the tuner(station select) of the receiver from arduino,
one man he tolde me to do like this, but i dont know how to add the new component and where, this varacator
this the answer
one man he told me like this but i dont know how to add a new component this varacator
this the answer
You should have stated up front and immediately that this circuit was copied from this website. I hardly think it is worth the effort, but to interface this circuit to an Arduino you will need a digital-to-analog converter and one or more varactor diodes, such as this one, an SVC236-TB-E from ON Semiconductors and available from Mouser. You wire two or more of these varactor diodes in parallel and connect them in parallel across the tuning capacitor, VC1, in series with a largish-valued DC-blocking capacitor. You will then need to reverse-bias the varactor diodes with a separate, isolated, DC power source whose output voltage is controlled by the digital-to-analog converter connected to the Arduino. Easy-peasy, then just add some software... er, sorry, a sketch... as software is called in the Arduino world.
yes you right, i did not know abaout varactor

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014

yes you right i did not know about varactor