Hello, I am looking for someone that as a Bachelor's Degree in EET.

Electronic Tek

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Hello, I am Electronic Tek and I am looking for college books needed to become a Bachelor in Electronic Engineer Techology. I do have a undergraduate degree in Applied Science in Electronic Engineering. I do have a list of books for 1996 on undergraduate degree in EET. If you need that list let me know and I will upload it. I found out that I need additional books to get ahead in the industry. I will be reading the books for a year until I am ready to attend a College that can turn my undergraduate degree into a Bachelors Degree. I did sign up for Devry in 2011 and asked for a list of the college books I will need. I explained that I have an learning disability, so reading the books ahead helps me out. I asked Devry three time for a list of books that I could buy upfront to start reading the books ahead of time to asked the question. But devry gave me the run around. I have a need to be self taught in a BA EET Degree. Are even better go back to Devry and pay $60.00 to take the test for each course. This way I get the knowledge, the credit hours, and I better GPA. Thanks in advance for any help finding these books. It is my dream to be a very good Electronic Engineer Technician in the future.
Also if someone needs a list of books for 1995-1996 begin undergradate degree just let me know, and I will post them here to help others.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Another option is to visit a bookstore near a good college that offers an electronics engineering degree. You may get even better prices by posting on a bulletin board at that school towards the end of each semester. And if you are already a tech, then studying for an engineering degree will have a much greater benefit in the long run, because an EE with actual tech experience is quite valuable.

Electronic Tek

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Hello, I am Mannon A. Sullivan, II.
I am looking for a student from Devry University that has her/his college books with him that took the BA program. I don't need the books. I need a list of the books you use to get your BA degree. I have an undergraduate degree in Electronic Engineering Technology. I have a learning cury problem and need to read those book more than 3 times to get to long term knowledge. My request is challenging, but I can't go back to school to advance my Degree in Applied Science. to get ahead and get my BA Degree. Any help is appreciated. I also have a list of my books from my undergrad Degree. Thanks in Advance. My dream is to take the test with each cource, so I can get a foot through the door.

P.S. I am on Disablity but love reading college grad book.

Electronic Tek

Joined Jan 16, 2019
I want to personally Thank each of you and eveyone of you. I need to self teach the rest of the EET to me. Understanding the BA side. In hopes one day I can take the test to get credit for the book and to make sure I get the required books that will stable my carer fahter in life in Electronic Engineering Technology.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hello, I am Mannon A. Sullivan, II.
I am looking for a student from Devry University that has her/his college books with him that took the BA program. I don't need the books. I need a list of the books you use to get your BA degree. I have an undergraduate degree in Electronic Engineering Technology. I have a learning cury problem and need to read those book more than 3 times to get to long term knowledge. My request is challenging, but I can't go back to school to advance my Degree in Applied Science. to get ahead and get my BA Degree. Any help is appreciated. I also have a list of my books from my undergrad Degree. Thanks in Advance. My dream is to take the test with each cource, so I can get a foot through the door.

P.S. I am on Disablity but love reading college grad book.
Here is a caution, which is that a BA degree is not what you would get in any science curriculum. The degree with the value is a BS (Bachelor of SCIENCE) degree. Just like medical doctors who get a doctorate of SCIENCE degree in medicine, as opposed to those getting a doctorate of philosophy degree, which means that they have published some research. There is a very large difference!
Long after graduating I got an organic chemistry book because that had always fascinated me, but I did not wish to spend college time or money on a field that would not be of much value to me as an EE. And then, later, I got textbooks from folks who had obtained MBA degrees and only wanted to keep the accounting texts. So I learned all of that stuff except for the accounting part. Management and and project creation are useful skills for one who needs to lead a team. Likewise I studied marketing a bit, reading several college texts on that topic. And the big benefit of learning on your own is being able to go at the speed that works, and to review things that are not clear the first time through. So your study process is good for most folks to use.

Electronic Tek

Joined Jan 16, 2019
I want to thank everybody for their responses. Once again. Just that alone makes me feel good. That my passionate for electronics is still alive in others. Thanks SamR for the new webiste for books and other's with advice on advancing my self-taught career. Just to add. I troubleshoot in my sleep.

Last edited:

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Maybe you should consider changing the university, if they don't like you already. They might cause you a lot of problems. Every university has a list of disciplines for the year. Every discipline describes the needed learning objectives and gives literature for them. Of course you will learn nothing in the university(or college), but you have to pay them for the degree and do it yourself anyway. Its the information as in a high school for electronics, maybe there is a little more. The university has a library, the best option is a student or graduate to tell you what you need for every year.

Electronic Tek

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Thanks for that ArakelTheDragon. You have a point to be made. It seems that all the father's of electronics had a start in it, without knowing it.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Maybe you should consider changing the university, if they don't like you already. They might cause you a lot of problems. Every university has a list of disciplines for the year. Every discipline describes the needed learning objectives and gives literature for them. Of course you will learn nothing in the university(or college), but you have to pay them for the degree and do it yourself anyway. Its the information as in a high school for electronics, maybe there is a little more. The university has a library, the best option is a student or graduate to tell you what you need for every year.
While DeVry calls itself a university, I would not. And I did not, and would not, choose a broad spectrum university for technical studies because of all the distractions.
And unfortunately mister dragon must have gone to a party university. I did learn a great deal in my studies, but I was rather focused on learning, not on having a good time.
Unfortunately the private Technical institute that I graduated from no longer exists. The tuition is now 100 times what I paid, and the place is now a huge, very profitable, full university, totally different from the place I went to.
And I never sensed that the TS was dissatisfied with the place, only that they had special requirements for learning. Choosing to avoid excess expense is far different from being dissatisfied.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
DeVry has it's place and purpose. It is only accredited by ABET? Which is a private accrediting agency that most employers care little or nothing about and does not transfer into real College Credits. It was a privately-owned technical school (now public) that apparently New York State will not allow to be called a College or University. For more information look into ABET. I know the company I retired from gave no consideration to ABET accreditation. They did give consideration to a Military Technical MOS when hiring Instrument and Electrical Techs. Apparently DeVry does not publish their curriculum or courses needed for graduation. It has apparently been sued multiple times for false advertising.

Last edited:

Electronic Tek

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Thanks for that insight SamR on that. I am learning this self-taught way works and now I feel more secure that it's the right plan for me. Not looking towards Devry any more. I did find some comments on Ohio State University. I am going to check them out. They cliam they are 27th in the Technology and Engineering field. I also want to the MisterBill2. Thanks for your insight. You made me feel that having a BA degree is not all that important. It's thte education that gets you the respect. I also agree that my undergradaate degree is really pricely after the interest is added. I also want to tell you that the gift of electronics is special. It amazes me that people self-taught can still teach this old tech.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for that insight SamR on that. I am learning this self-taught way works and now I feel more secure that it's the right plan for me. Not looking towards Devry any more. I did find some comments on Ohio State University. I am going to check them out. They cliam they are 27th in the Technology and Engineering field. I also want to the MisterBill2. Thanks for your insight. You made me feel that having a BA degree is not all that important. It's thte education that gets you the respect. I also agree that my undergradaate degree is really pricely after the interest is added. I also want to tell you that the gift of electronics is special. It amazes me that people self-taught can still teach this old tech.
I certainly needed to be self taught, since there have been a lot of advances since 1973. Always learning, both from want and need. AND, the degree would be a Bachelor of SCIENCE, NOT a Bachelor of ARTS. Big difference, that.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
There are no Fully Accredited Colleges offering a "BS Degree" in Electronics Engineering Technology that I know of other than DeVry. The keyword Technology is normally associated with a 2-year program at a Technical School. Which you say you already possess. There apparently is not a 4-year BS degree, except at DeVry which has been sued by multiple students for false or misleading advertising both in the level of education and placement of graduates. Caveat Emptor. DeVry professes ABET accreditation and there are a few states that give them some limited form of accreditation? To receive ABET certification in a technology field you have to pass the ABET Certification Exam which you can take at any time. DeVry calls itself a "University" due to the fact that they offer training in multiple technology disciplines which apparently New York State takes an opposing view on being the definition of an actual University or College. So investigate the educational opportunities available to you and spend your time and money wisely. Good Luck!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are no Fully Accredited Colleges offering a "BS Degree" in Electronics Engineering Technology that I know of other than DeVry. The keyword Technology is normally associated with a 2-year program at a Technical School. Which you say you already possess. There apparently is not a 4-year BS degree, except at DeVry which has been sued by multiple students for false or misleading advertising both in the level of education and placement of graduates. Caveat Emptor. DeVry professes ABET accreditation and there are a few states that give them some limited form of accreditation? To receive ABET certification in a technology field you have to pass the ABET Certification Exam which you can take at any time. DeVry calls itself a "University" due to the fact that they offer training in multiple technology disciplines which apparently New York State takes an opposing view on being the definition of an actual University or College. So investigate the educational opportunities available to you and spend your time and money wisely. Good Luck!
Indeed! The 2 year degree is an associates degree, and they vary in quality quite a bit. Quite a few years ago there was a representation that a bachelor's in electronic technology degree was needed, but what it would include that a degree in engineering would not include was quite uncertain. I would ask the same question: What will the holder of the BS in electronic technology know that the two year student with an associate would not know? What are they getting for all of that effort, money, and time? And just what sort of jobs would benefit from whatever the additional education provided? The additional skills that I gained through additional independent study included mechanical design, diagnostics of systems, pneumatic and hydraulic design, and technical proposal writing. I have never come across a real description of a course in diagnosing machine problems, or even electrical problems, but it seems that they should exist someplace.

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
I have a BS in EET from Oregon Institute of Technology. The courses are not very different in EET from the EE courses. At that school the EET program is just slightly less broad and slightly more focused than the EE program. Maybe it’s not the same elsewhere.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I'm impressed! Not a typical trade school technical curriculum at all including Calculus and Differential Equations which you would not find at a trade school. A true BS degree to be proud of. Congratulations! We also have a little technical school here in Georgia. The Georgia Institute of Technology which also is not your usual technical school. ;)

Last edited:
I have an AAS in Eletronics Technology (4.0 GPA) and a BAS in Engineering Technology. The BAS was a "dual school" deal. You transitionioned from a Community College to a University. Some classes you could take at either school, but you transfer credits from the Community College to the 4-year University. I managed to graduate from the university while on a "leave of abcense" from that university. Anything's possible.

The program was called Engineering Technology and Technical Management and in reality taught you how to be a "Plant manager"

The entire program and teaching was "super-nuts".

e.g. Can we have a midterm exam. No! You don't know anything yet!

I basically had a learning disability too and medical issues: I could not memorize stuff.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I don't think that Devry is an accredited school. If your degree is unaccredited, it isn't worth the paper the degree is printed on. Without an accredited degree, your employment options are limited. A Devry applicant would be hired as a line technician, not as an engineering tech.