Hello, how can i send signal from fm radio to arduino

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Hello,
i already finish my fm receiver, but now i want to connect to arduino, i dont know how to do it? i am new to Arduino
thnx

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What do you want the Arduino to do? Control the radio, process the audio signal? Analyze RF or IF frequencies? What?? You are going to have to provide a lot more detail for folks to help. And oh while people usually give tons of advice, they aren't going to do the project for you. You will have to do most of that yourself.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
What do you want the Arduino to do? Control the radio, process the audio signal? Analyze RF or IF frequencies? What?? You are going to have to provide a lot more detail for folks to help. And oh while people usually give tons of advice, they aren't going to do the project for you. You will have to do most of that yourself.
Hi, yes i want to controll with arduino tuner, no problem i will do...but some basic information, where i have to start

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi, yes i want to controll with arduino tuner, no problem i will do...but some basic information, where i have to start

That is absolutely impossible to answer without knowing anything about the tuner. Is the tuner designed to interface to a micro.

Here is a place to start. What do you know about Arduino programming?

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
That is absolutely impossible to answer without knowing anything about the tuner. Is the tuner designed to interface to a micro.

Here is a place to start. What do you know about Arduino programming?
i know a little a bit of C language, and i read one book, i forget the name of book, i know, analog digital experiments ( i mean basics), i read one other book, it explaings of to programming adc and dac communication, ( i realy forget it was long time and i did expermints i like it more to learn, how to make a fm receiverà , for example i can buy some module of receiver for arduino, i can programming it explains everything, communication via i2c, and i read about i2c, but i dont know, how can communicate my receiver with i2c, do you have any idea?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
i know a little a bit of C language, and i read one book, i forget the name of book, i know, analog digital experiments ( i mean basics), i read one other book, it explaings of to programming adc and dac communication, ( i realy forget it was long time and i did expermints i like it more to learn, how to make a fm receiverà , for example i can buy some module of receiver for arduino, i can programming it explains everything, communication via i2c, and i read about i2c, but i dont know, how can communicate my receiver with i2c, do you have any idea?

Again

JSCV

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Hello Michael,

Like spinnaker said you need to tell us what you want to control or receive.

Do you want to control the tuning of the receiver ?
Do you want to process the signal thats received by the receiver ?

Can you post the schematic of the receiver and the inputs / outputs you want to connect.
Without that information nobody can help you

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Hello Michael,

Like spinnaker said you need to tell us what you want to control or receive.

Do you want to control the tuning of the receiver ?
Do you want to process the signal thats received by the receiver ?

Can you post the schematic of the receiver and the inputs / outputs you want to connect.
Without that information nobody can help you
Hello Sir,
my receiver is almost the same like this one

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
That design of radio has no existing way to remotly control it. The only thing I can suggest is one servo to drive the tuning capacitor and one to drive the volume control. The next step would be to some kind of electronic attenuator IC in place of the volume control and replace the tuning capacitor with varicap diodes.

Les.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
That design of radio has no existing way to remotly control it. The only thing I can suggest is one servo to drive the tuning capacitor and one to drive the volume control. The next step would be to some kind of electronic attenuator IC in place of the volume control and replace the tuning capacitor with varicap diodes.

Les.
Hello Sir, wich type of servo do i need, can you tell me please...also for IC with one i need and is possible after to connect with arduino?

Thanks…...

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Probably the simplest servo is the type used for model control. The ones I have seen only rotate about 180 degrees so you would need to gear it up to the 270 degrees or so movement of the volume control. You can use any servo that you want that you know how to control with the Arduino. The only voltage controlled attenuator IC I have used is the LM13700 but that was probably about 25 years ago so there are probably better devices around now. What you can control with an Arduino (Or any other microcontroller,) is only limited by your ingenuity. If you really want to control a radio with a computer do some research into software defined radios.

Les.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Probably the simplest servo is the type used for model control. The ones I have seen only rotate about 180 degrees so you would need to gear it up to the 270 degrees or so movement of the volume control. You can use any servo that you want that you know how to control with the Arduino. The only voltage controlled attenuator IC I have used is the LM13700 but that was probably about 25 years ago so there are probably better devices around now. What you can control with an Arduino (Or any other microcontroller,) is only limited by your ingenuity. If you really want to control a radio with a computer do some research into software defined radios.

Les.
i will search for software defined radios, i hope i gonna find something...
Thank you Les....have nice night….