Heating coil

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There's little chance this will work, since even I can find at least two critical errors:
1) The input to the the non-inverting pin 3 is just a 200k resistor. The impedance of the input is very high, so pin 3 will be at 9v and the op-amp will be full on all the time.

2) The op-amp cannot source more than 30mA. You haven't specified your heating coil but 30mA isn't much current. It would have to be tiny to work.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Why start a new thread on your weed vaporizer?
Maybe because the first thread veered off (into the weeds?) into guitar amp circuits?

OP, you appear to be trying to build something yourself that is widely commercially available with nice features such as safe operation and controlled, variable temperature - everything you could want. I understand trying to DIY, but the project is probably beyond your skill set and will likely cost you more in the long run than just buying something off shelf. If you're starting a new hobby, fine, but don't expect to save money on completing your first project.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A word about images. I used M/S Paint with excellent results. I either attach the drawing to the post or post it in AAC local albums (yep, and they are free). Local attachments can be used to display an image as part of the post, as can any album picture.

How to Display Attachments Full Size

I also have a set of templates of various electronic components you can download from here for free. I named it PaintCAD.

Introduction and PaintCAD

Here is a sample of my latest drawing for another thread. You be the judge whether it is worth your time to learn. Took less than 30 minutes to draw...

By the way, avoid .jpg. It always comes out fuzzy. The superior formats are .gif (B&W and schematics) and .png (photos). The above picture is a .gif.

Attachments