Heater 1 out of order error at temperature controlled bath

gokce

Joined Dec 4, 2018
Hello all,
I have a problem with Tamson TV 7000 temperature controlled bath in the laboratory. When the device starts on working at 20 C, after 30 minutes H1 out of order error occurs on readout. If I just push one of the buttons (arrows), it starts working again. I just checked if this is an error between the heater and the relay on the power board. If this problem is really caused by the power board and communication to the microprocessor board, what is your suggestion for me to search about? Thank you in advance.
Gokce

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Hello all,
I have a problem with Tamson TV 7000 temperature controlled bath in the laboratory. When the device starts on working at 20 C, after 30 minutes H1 out of order error occurs on readout. If I just push one of the buttons (arrows), it starts working again. I just checked if this is an error between the heater and the relay on the power board. If this problem is really caused by the power board and communication to the microprocessor board, what is your suggestion for me to search about? Thank you in advance.
Gokce
This seems to be a problem in the software. If after pressing a button, the software restarts. Can you give a circuit (this is the best option), model or partnumber?

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Is there a connector on the microprocessor board that can be conveniently unplugged? Power down the unit. Then, get a can of contact cleaner and spray both sides of the connector plug. Allow to dry and re-assemble. This will eliminate the possibility of dust or moisture on that connector as the cause of the problem. If no success, repeat for the keyboard connector.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
If the unit has been in use for a long time, a power supply problem is not unlikely, though it seems odd it would start to work again after the error.

Is the heater actually not operating, or is is still working and you are just getting an incorrect error message?
I'm not clear on what you are describing. Is 20 °C the setpoint temperature or are you saying that the ambient temperature is 20 °C when power is first turned on and that the setpoint is something higher than 20?
Are there multiple heaters and just H1 is misoperating?
Does it reach the temperature regulation point before the error message occurs (that is, would the heater have turned off because the temperature had reached the set point, then not turned on again after cooling slightly)?

Some photographs of the circuit boards could be helpful.

I can't find a manual on the web that shows any arrow keys on the control panel.

gokce

Joined Dec 4, 2018
If the unit has been in use for a long time, a power supply problem is not unlikely, though it seems odd it would start to work again after the error.

Is the heater actually not operating, or is is still working and you are just getting an incorrect error message?
I'm not clear on what you are describing. Is 20 °C the setpoint temperature or are you saying that the ambient temperature is 20 °C when power is first turned on and that the setpoint is something higher than 20?
Are there multiple heaters and just H1 is misoperating?
Does it reach the temperature regulation point before the error message occurs (that is, would the heater have turned off because the temperature had reached the set point, then not turned on again after cooling slightly)?

Some photographs of the circuit boards could be helpful.

I can't find a manual on the web that shows any arrow keys on the control panel.
Thank you for your reply. I have manual. The problem is when it’s set at 20 C of bath temperature (not room temperature) it stops after 15 minutes before it is stable. And let’s try to reach 35 C, it takes 5 minutes to see the error message. Heater 1,2 and 3 are cut-in in order. Then Heater1 is out of order message occurs and it’s suddenly cut off

gokce

Joined Dec 4, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I have manual. The problem is when it’s set at 20 C of bath temperature (not room temperature) it stops after 15 minutes before it is stable. And let’s try to reach 35 C, it takes 5 minutes to see the error message. Heater 1,2 and 3 are cut-in in order. Then Heater1 is out of order message occurs and it’s suddenly cut off
I’ll also send the photo of circuit
20E0A58B-9BF8-466B-9655-10E9D33F2340.jpeg

gokce

Joined Dec 4, 2018
Before message occurs, all three heaters are working, the circuit is cut-off suddenly. I just push any buttons on bath, it starts working again

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
I think the chances of being able to repair the problem are quite good, but it may be very difficult trying to do it remotely without circuit schematics.

There are a lot of methods that might be being used to detect something has gone wrong with the failing heater. It might be something monitoring current through the heater or something monitoring the temperature of the circuit that supplies power to that heater.

Do you believe the heaters are controlled by electromechanical relays? One of the manuals I found for newer versions had a image of a heater control board that looked like it used a solid-state device (probably a triac) to control the power to the heater.

When Heater 1 cuts out and you get the message, will it start again immediately if you push an arrow? What I'm wondering is if there is something in the circuit that cools a bit between the time the failure actually happens and when you try to get it going again.

Are the heaters themselves identical? I'm wondering here if it might be possible to just switch the wiring for Heater 1 with one of the others to try to determine if the problem goes with the heater itself or with the control circuit for the heater. There will likely be two power wires to each heater, but there might also be some other connections such as monitoring circuits. Sometimes in more sophisticated heater circuits there will be control of the maximum temperature of the heater itself and another control for the bath so that the heater doesn't get much too hot because of thermal resistance between it and the bath or other thing being heated.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Could it be that the heaters have separate overheating switches?
It also could be that the heater is not firm mounted to the surface, causing the overheat.

Perhaps it is time to open the unit and take some pictures of the internals.

Bertus