Heartbeat Sensor 8051

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
The item you've linked to consists of a lightsource, the LED and a photodetector and gives a purely low level analogue signal when correctly driven. I've haven't any experience of the Arduino and can only presume it has signal processing and ADC built in? The device you've linked can't be interfaced with the 8051 without processing electronics.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I am sure it can be used on any mcu. First you have to go to Arduino site and see how it is connected to the arduino.

Looks like it is just a pair of IR transmitter and IR receiver. Your finger would be placed in between the two. You can actually make and try it out yourself.

Dont think there's any chip underneath the PCB. The 3 pins must be Vcc, Data and Gnd.

Here is a better sensor from https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11574 where the schematic is included.

Allen

Attachments

Last edited:

johnjameson2011

Joined Feb 17, 2011
I am sure it can be used on any mcu. First you have to go to Arduino site and see how it is connected to the arduino.

Looks like it is just a pair of IR transmitter and IR receiver. Your finger would be placed in between the two. You can actually make and try it out yourself.

Dont think there's any chip underneath the PCB. The 3 pins must be Vcc, Data and Gnd.

Allen
Ya the 3 pins and Vcc,Gnd are the 3rd,Out goes to the Arduino analog input.
So I presuming I could connect it to an 8051 chip and then program that accordingly