Headset Communicator

Foxylady2go

Joined Jan 16, 2010
Hi, hope you can help this is my first post,the reason i am on here is if anyone can point me in the right direction. I own a sandwich shop/catering business. There is a great distance between front of house and the prep room so i am looking for a headset solution to solve this problem of running up and down doing a marathon everyday when i could make use of tecnology. I have looked on the internet but i dont know what i am looking for I have typed in "Headset communation System" the only thing i have found is by a company called Quial Digital who are just launching a new system but i think this will be way out of my price bracket we only have a small work force so i obviously can spend to much. Can anyone recommend either a system or give me the correct terminolgy to type in then i can maybe compare the differnt alternatives.
Regards Alison.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Some search term like "two way radio headset" might get more reasonable results. Radio Shack may carry such items in a store, if there is one nearby.

This is not an endorsement of the site or of Motorola, but a suggestion that might work - http://www.myradiomall.com/make-a-s...EM1000R/Talkabout-EM1000R-Rechargeable/1.html

There are a zillion other radios to look at, some that can be used with a headset. Motorola is worth looking at, as they exist everywhere, so some level of service may be found everywhere.

Foxylady2go

Joined Jan 16, 2010
Hi thanks for that info, can these systems be used with blue tooth headsets, I am fumbleing round in the dark a bit i know what i want it to do but dont know exactly what to ask for. Only way to decribe it is same as they use in the drive thru.
Regards Alison.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Bluetooth is limited as to range, so may not be suitable. I think it is iffy after 10 meters or so.

Be a bit patient - someone who knows more about this stuff may check in in a bit.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
If is to talk to one person (behind the counter or whatever), you could try something like a wireless intercom designed for a motorcycle rider and passenger.

Other possibilities are pair of basic walky talky type radios (but make sure they have sockets to take headsets), or a DECT cordless phone with two handsets that have headset capability. Call from one to the other then leave the call open, you don't need to connect to a telephone line - unless that's also useful.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Be aware you're bugging yourself. FMS (family walky talkies) are everywhere, and most use cellular telephone style headsets, and the range is pretty good. Other than having no privacy and the possibility of a prankster screwing with you they work pretty well.