Heading for Dayton!

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I will be heading to the Dayton Hamvention tonight. This year will be the 100th anniversary of the ARRL. I will also be working with the W5YI Group, plugging the new Technician Class Amateur Radio training book and video with Gordon West.

Hope to see some of you there!

Eric

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
have a nice convention Eric. the ve group I am in (w5yi) just had another test session monday, 3 out of 3 passed. a couple dozen new hams and upgrades since the first of the year, so far.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
have a nice convention Eric. the ve group I am in (w5yi) just had another test session monday, 3 out of 3 passed. a couple dozen new hams and upgrades since the first of the year, so far.
Hi Cliff:
Those are good numbers! The trick is to get them actually on the air after they get licensed. :) The new Tech book has a lot more material on how to actually get on the air.

Keep up the good work! I was one of the very first "guinea pig" VEs and I did it for about 25 years. Now I only do it in emergencies. :)

grages

Joined May 6, 2014
Have a great time, wish I were going. I did go to Hamcation earlier this year. Go by the ARRL booth early to get one of the 100 year coins. They ran out at Hamcation.

K4SWG