HAWAII FALSE ALERT: Chilling ballistic missile warning issued to residents in ERROR

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GopherT, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    Obviously the night janitor can in Hawaii with one mouse click.:( The state can authorize local alerts (weather, police actions, etc ...) without the federal governments intervention.
    https://www.fema.gov/alerting-authorities

200003 HI Hawaii Emergency Management Agency

2. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I tend to think the State does not have the requisite equipment to detect a nuclear launch and possible targets.

If they do not have those functions blocked out on their EAS, Shame on them.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  3. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    World relations to me are like thermodynamics, they move to a point of equilibrium. Things might be better globally but there is a huge amount of total global pressure that can be unbalance at one point like NK.

4. tcmtech

Distinguished Member

Nov 4, 2013

That's where everything I have read and watched so fare on the politics and socio-economic aspects of working with NK jointly just screams that they would be a huge tie in point and benefit to our collective global interests in getting along and actually working solidly toward a mutually equitable end goal.

NK could gain huge economic wealth and global respect plus real global trades power with very little effort or investment on their part while the rest to us would also gain a huge returning goods trades market that would tie us all together. Every way it's weighted it would be all wins for everyone.

They would get huge economic gains plus direct influences in all of our trades deals and from there additional power and influences everywhere else. That and as the big three's 'little buddy' that ties them all together, that's some pretty serious global scale street cred that says -don't screw with me or you will really regret it cause' I got some pretty big friends now- without having to have any degree of high cost military power of their own to manage either! (Rather Like Japan played their game to in a way.)

That and as since old rule communist Russia died in the 90's and has been slowly working towards a more westernized socio economic system, that seems to be paying out favorably for them as it takes root and adapts, and similar old communist China is now dying out as well as the more modern westernized lifestyle is taking hold there too, it does make the aspects of a joint mutual invested interest seem far more plausible as a future trades and peace holding tie in point between everyone.

Just my half baked theory. :p

nsaspook likes this.
  5. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009

Normally that would be true but obviously someone asked for and was given local state authority (the warning broadcast authentication codes) because they were testing the procedure twice daily at shift changes when the error happened.
    [​IMG]
    http://thehill.com/homenews/news/36...ve-timeline-of-events-surrounding-false-alarm

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  6. ElectricSpidey

Dec 2, 2017
    I think I would want to survive a nuclear war, but I would also like to have a painless way to end it* when things get really ugly.

*don't know if discussing such things is ok here so I did not specify what "it" is, but I think you can guess.

Does that make me a chickenshit...probably, but that is the way I feel.

7. GopherT

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I think I've heard all the machoism and idiot-level absurd scenarios I can stand from a single member. Time to close this thread.

shortbus likes this.
  8. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    Done.

GopherT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.