Have you seen a ghost?

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
The people here are partially reasonable, so I'd like to inquire, and hear any "ghost stories" that you may have... but only true ones, please!

Have you seen a ghost? Have you seen something that convinced you unequivocally that ghosts exist?

shreeram

Joined Nov 29, 2012
The people here are partially reasonable, so I'd like to inquire, and hear any "ghost stories" that you may have... but only true ones, please!

Have you seen a ghost? Have you seen something that convinced you unequivocally that ghosts exist?
speaking alone from my belief.
I don't think Ghost exist..!!
It is all the illusion you get when you are alone.If you truly believe in your 'presence' then nothing gonna happen like ghost triggering you in any instance !!
But spiritually speaking ghost do exist.
ancient people say that ghost exist when the soul present in the body of death is unsatisfied with its birth.
so next thing what it can do is, it show its power to satisfy all of them !
In that process some people can see it.!!
My grand father have one true story regarding ghost
"My grand fathers house is middle in the small jungle where only 3 houses are present. The forest area is 35 hectors .let is be;
one night my grandpa went to his farm to start the pump as his crop needed water to be shifted off at 2am.Fyn he was walking with torch,Dog and loaded gun near the small lake.When he was standing near by there, suddenly; Some bubbling sound started and a radium glow appeared.Dog which was along with him was barking too angrily he says,he also added that he had not seen such a behavior of his dog 'blacky' till date.!He had all exercises with torch!!! he could see round flourocent face with black eyes and nose, no mouth!
he later did not wasted a single time there and moved in his path..
I asked him that 'what may be the reason '? he said that a lady died there long ago (she was bringing water from there every eve).... May be that is Why...!!
I kept quite later had no words to ask anything"
This is not a fiction, my grandpa who is alive today said me this story last month when i was there to his house.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I've had odd things happen, but nothing I'd call "ghost" OR "UFO" (people that see one seem to see the other as well).

The only ghost stories I've even heard have been 2nd or 3rd hand, which always grow more creepy in the telling.

I'll keep an open mind, because I hear something breathing behind

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I think people have their own personal ghosts, in a sense. I don't believe "ghosts" in the traditional sense exist. I do not believe they exist in the physical world. That being said, I have seen some unexplainable things in my day, but I believe that there are explanations for them, whether we know them or not. There are always going to be things about this world that we'll never know for sure. Our theories of "physics" are only partial. I believe there's a lot more out there to be discovered.

When I was about 12, I lived in an old Tavern built in the mid 1800s. I would always hear what sounded like footsteps upstairs, in the attic, where there was absolutely nothing. The door was locked, it was just storage, and there's no way any person or animal could get up there. I always joked about it being a ghost, but I never actually believed it was.

Now, as I said, I believe each person, in their own way, has their own 'personal ghosts'. By this I mean something from the past that haunts them. It's always present in their mind, and if the mind can apply that feeling to the physical world, it will.

I have seen "ghostly mists" and heard unexplained noises, but I'm sure they're all figments of my imagination, probably based on past events. I have learned to embrace such feelings and experiences, because those past events are what have shaped me into the man I am today.

There are so many different ways I could describe "ghosts", but this is the best I can do. It's unexplainable--that's what makes the subject so fascinating.

Regards,
Matt

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
I think people have their own personal ghosts, in a sense. I don't believe "ghosts" in the traditional sense exist. I do not believe they exist in the physical world. That being said, I have seen some unexplainable things in my day, but I believe that there are explanations for them, whether we know them or not. There are always going to be things about this world that we'll never know for sure. Our theories of "physics" are only partial. I believe there's a lot more out there to be discovered.

When I was about 12, I lived in an old Tavern built in the mid 1800s. I would always hear what sounded like footsteps upstairs, in the attic, where there was absolutely nothing. The door was locked, it was just storage, and there's no way any person or animal could get up there. I always joked about it being a ghost, but I never actually believed it was.

Now, as I said, I believe each person, in their own way, has their own 'personal ghosts'. By this I mean something from the past that haunts them. It's always present in their mind, and if the mind can apply that feeling to the physical world, it will.

I have seen "ghostly mists" and heard unexplained noises, but I'm sure they're all figments of my imagination, probably based on past events. I have learned to embrace such feelings and experiences, because those past events are what have shaped me into the man I am today.

There are so many different ways I could describe "ghosts", but this is the best I can do. It's unexplainable--that's what makes the subject so fascinating.

Regards,
Matt
This is very profound, Matt. The notion that "ghosts" exist primarily in our minds, from where they occasionally overflow into our conscious perception, is an intriguing one.

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Funny you should ask this question:

There have been multiple sightings back at my house on the Isle of Wight.
My mother and I where in the kitchen having a cup of tea as usual until we both heard...and saw feet walking upstairs (you can see the stairs from the kitchen). We both turned around and then saw nothing but get this, continued to hear the top stairs creeking. My mum immediatly said in a raised voice "Hello?" but there was no reply.

I ran upstairs to investigate but there was no one their. The dog was downstairs, the cat outside, dad at work and my siblings at school. The thing that disturbs us both is that we saw "something" walking upstairs!

In my front garden there is a "secret garden" that was built in memory of the previous owners wife who sadly died of cancer. Now the strange thing is that there is a very large 4 x 5 foot slab that I had the temptation to lift. What was underneath was a mixture of sand, and lime. This has me thinking that the wife was burried there and she continues to move around her house.

Like I have said already, there are many occurances in our house :p

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
That is a creepy tale, Mitch. You didn't mention arming yourself before investigating whatever was making those footfall sounds, but I imagine you must have. When there is more than one simultaneous witness to anything that initially defies conventional explanation, one can't help but wonder whether something paranormal may have in fact occurred.

Speaking of multiple eye-witnesses to bizarre phenomena, and veering only slightly off-topic, there has evidently been a rash of mass UFO sightings in the United States over the past decade, including notably a gigantic, silently flying triangular-shaped craft whose widespread sighting lit up emergency switchboards in Phoenix, Arizona in 2004, and a monstrous metallic disc that hovered for several minutes a few hundred feet above the "C" Concourse of O'Hare International Airport, where it was witnessed by numerous American Airlines mechanics and ground staff, along with at least a couple of pilots. The O'hare disc reportedly departed in befitting physics-defying manner, zipping vertically upward at eye-blink speed, and burning a massive circular hole in the low cloud ceiling, through which blue sky was seen.

Yes, I know I ought to stop watching Discover Channel documentaries. One of these days I'll stop watching them, but all the same I will remain ever vigilant, just in case any beings do try to levitate me into a mile-long triangular craft when next I visit Phoenix, Arizona.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Ok, I'll give you my closest thing to a "ghost story"

I was around 12 or 13 years old, spending the summer at my father's house in the country, about 30 miles outside of Seguin, TX. He had a 10 acre plot of land across a dirt road from a several thousand acre ranch. I had 3 similarly-aged friends (Barrett, Cody, and Tim) in the area and the 4 of us (or some smaller combination of the four) would frequently spend the day exploring that ranch uninvited. The only people we ever saw were mexican ranch hands (cowboys) that would ride the perimeter checking fences once in a while, so we weren't worried about being confronted for trespassing. We could walk half a day in a straight line and never see any people or man made structures.

One day we happened upon a hill that was an oddity of the surrounding area. The area was relatively flat and sandy, with heavy brush coverage. The hill just came up out of this terrain at a ~45 deg angle from the ground. It was maybe 50ft high and made exclusively of red clay and rocks, covered with cactus and some trees. We decided that it would be a good place to camp. It wasn't very far from home; we could walk there in 30 min or less.

So we went back to our respective homes and gathered camping supplies and reconvened at the the hill. It was agreed that each of us must bring some kind of alcoholic beverage, by any means necessary. I brought beer pilfered from my dad's pantry, some canned goods, pots & pans, hot dogs, and a hatchet. Cody brought some beer pilfered from his step-dad, a can of gasoline, and some blankets. Tim brought a tent and some Bacardi from under his sister's bed. Barrett brought steaks and beer. We got there around the onset of evening and set up our camp. We cleared the cactus and made a fire, pitched the tent, started cooking our food and drinking our beer.

We sat around the fire telling scary stories and talking about whatever. As the sun was falling, we kept hearing distant impacts on the ground. At first we attributed the sounds to cows stamping the ground around the base of the hill. We did some drunken childish stunts with flaming beer cans full of gasoline, nearly burned down our tent, and then retired back to the fire to tell more scary stories in the now spookier dead of night. We continued to hear the occasional ground pounding sounds. After a while they seemed to be getting closer and more frequent.

The discussion turned from chupacabras and the mexican legend of Lechuza, to the sound of the "hoof beats." They were irregular, and seemingly coming from multiple directions around the hill. It was remarked that cows were an unlikely source, as they wouldn't usually climb a hill that steep. Some of the sounds seemed very close; close enough that we should have seen their perpetrators in the light of the fire. We threw flaming sticks in the direction of every sound in an attempt to illuminate whatever was making the sounds. We saw nothing. We embarked on a campaign of throwing rocks down the sides of the hill and shouting curses and scary sounds to frighten off whatever was stalking us. The sounds stopped.

We resumed our scary story telling with a new reality to the sentiment. After 30 min or so with no sound, I was poking the fire with my hatchet, when one of those "hoof beats" happened directly behind me. It was as if someone had lifted a 100lb stone above their head and slammed it to the ground 6" behind my back. In one fluid motion, I jumped up spun around, swung my hatchet in the direction of the sound, and said about 50 curse words in half a second. There was nothing there. I stood there with my heart pounding, feeling extremely scared and foolish. The guys were just staring at me with a big "WTF" look on all their faces. I felt like they thought I was loosing it. We just stared at each other for what felt like minutes. I thought they were getting ready to maroon me there on the hill. It turns out that my perception of their sentiments at that moment were wrong. I finally broke down and asked "did you guys hear that or what?" They did. They weren't questioning my sanity; they were questioning what on earth just happened. They confirmed that there definitely was something that hit the ground behind me, and that dust came up from it. But there was nothing there.

That was the last sound we heard that night, as we retreated. We all went back to my house and slept in the living room, leaving our stuff on the hill. We went back in the morning to retrieve it, and inspected the hill. We covered every square inch, looking for cow hoof prints, or any evidence of the source of the sounds. We found nothing of the sort. What we did find however, were several, perhaps a dozen, long and narrow holes. They were about 6' X 2' X 3ft deep. We decided that they were shallow graves, dug up.

I am undecided as to whether I experienced some supernatural event, or whether such a ting exists. Being this far removed from the experience, I tend to look for scientific explanations. However, in the retelling of the story just now, and the recollection of all the details, I feel like I have put myself back into the moment and it's just too eerie to be explained that way. I'm not aware of any geological anomalies that could manifest themselves in that way, and they definitely did seem to respond to our verbal stimuli.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hahaha, just messin' with you Strantor :p

Great story though!

I've always found the topic of the supernatural very fascinating. I guess I should specify that I keep an open mind. I'm not saying ghosts don't exist, I just feel that in most cases there are logical explanations. I would like nothing more for ghosts, which interact with the physical world, to be real. I like a sense of "weirdness" and possibly danger.

Again, I have seen some things in my day that are entirely unexplainable, and whether there are logical explanations or it's the supernatural, I don't dare to decide. ;)

Matt

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I think maybe he was drinking out of the beer can that was filled with gas. That would explain the hallucniations.

BTW, why on earth was the can of gasoline brought out?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Speaking of spooks and such, I've wanted to make abberations appear around my house, just so I can be the coolest kat on the block at Halloween ( and maybe at other events ) I've had a couple ideas:

1) A backlit screen to project a 2-D image. The screen would be virtually invisible when not lighted.

2) Holograms

I don't have the patience for making holograms, so...

3) Stereographic projector/display

#3 is the most achievable, but the linticular screes would need tremendous "lenses" if I wanted to have large ghosts. Or else, the video would need to be very, very hi-def.

Can anyone think of other ideas?

OH, I also considered spinning LED contraptions, but that would not be good to have around children. Same reason I disqualified any high-voltage/plasma ideas.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I built something I call bush goblins, simple 555 flashers where I deliberately make every one slightly different, so they have different durations, and connect them to a pair of old defused red LEDs. They each have wires for connect points on the power supply and long green/brown wires with alligator clips, the idea is to daisy chain from one 9V battery per bush. Think Christmas lights for Halloween, it is a very cool effect. I put many in each bush, it looks like something peering out at the world, think old Popeye cartoons.