have questions about line sensors and motors

s3b4k

Joined Feb 15, 2010
in the pictures attached in the first one:

I drew my configuration for my line sensor, and how would i plot it on the figure from the 3 parts that it asks for in the question. Also how would the photo-transistor work with an I/O port that is digital since its analog.

In the second picture:

What would the voltage read across the motor? and it shows a signal level in the picture for the enable line port, would that work with the motor on the right side?
thank you

Attachments

s3b4k

Joined Feb 15, 2010
alright thanks but do you know how to know the exact value voltage of a motor just by calculations

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
If it is a small pager motor (tiny cylinder, 1/4" diameter, 3/4" long), small grey hobby motor (most cheap motors without a label are this type), 1.5 to 3V spin them great.

If you put too much voltage on them, they spin way to fast, or burn out quickly. Start out with 1.5V, too low of voltage will maybe not spin the shaft much at all.

Increase the voltage until RPM is at mid range speeds (a few thousand RPM for a non-gearhead motor), and you are pretty close to the design value.

They should sound like a small motor, not a dentist drill or Dremel, if you hear that sound, you have too much voltage.