Harmonic Exciter circuit help!!

KRT87

Joined Mar 22, 2011
I'm building a harmonic exciter (see attachment) as one of my uni projects and found a nice circuit diagram online for a Aphex Aural Exciter type B (essentially generates additional harmonic content to audio which improves clarity etc) that I want to build. Problem is there are bits on the diagram that's confusing me :confused: so any clarifications will be very helpful indeed.

My main confusion is with the two numbers next to the LM13700 chip pins (labeled 1/2 U303 on diagram). Do these mean both these pins are connected together OR I use just one of the pins? For example pins (5,12) & (7,10) are shown connected together to a resistor (51K) then to ground, can this be right?
I'm encountering the same problem with the other chip sets (TL072, labeled 1/2 U101~3)

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The use of the 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/6 sometimes

usually indicates that the IC package contains 2 or 3 or 6 or the logic types shown. 2 op amps, or 2 NAND gates etc etc.

SEE THE DATASHEET for pin layouts. ;)

KRT87

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Is it possible because the device (manufactured) is a 2-channel device (stereo) and the diagram I have only shows half (mono) that those two numbers next to chipsets indicate which half these pins belong to?

The device is a stereo audio effect (or 2 mono) I know it has to have identical circuitry if the device was to be used as stereo so does this mean 2 signals share the same chipsets but separate (duplicate) components (ie resistors, capacitors etc)?