Hantec 1008c signal generator 5 volts and abs sensor 1.50 volts

Derek Oliveira

Joined Apr 10, 2024
Hi everybody, I have a question about a signal generator from my Hantek 1008c related to abs sensor signal. Hantek can generate a 5 volt signal and the signal that the abs sensor sends to the unit is a square wave signal 1.5 volts/ 7miliamps on the top and a few millivolts/ 4miliamps on the bottom!
Can I damage the unit, if I use Hantek generator 5 volts?
I did try to sink voltage to 1.5 volt but did not work has I think and want... I think, in my basic knowledge of electronics/electricity that don t have the right amount of amps and other detail is the bottom line goes to -milivolts!?

Derek Oliveira

Joined Apr 10, 2024
I whant activate abs unit to flush brake fluid from inside hidraulic. Is on my bike, to make that I need to activate abs both wheels need to be at same speed and the abs light will go off, that it means abs system is ok and is ready to "work" if rear or front wheel get bloked!
I done the activation on another way but with a signal simulator with Hantek is much easier and interesting?!
And I want to learn more about electronics.

Derek Oliveira

Joined Apr 10, 2024
Sorry I forgot samething important, signal goes from scope to both abs signal sensor wire, with a same frequence one both sensors, voltage and amperege.
Frequence is easy to set.

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
The manual does not seem to give an output specification. Connect everything as you normally would and also another lead to measure the output. If everything looks correct then it is not a current problem.

I can not say for sure if it would have an effect, but both sensors will almost never signal exactly the same in normal operation. Normally even if they are exactly the same speed there will be some sort of offset between the high and low transitions.

Normally sensors that show either 0 volts or their upper limit are interpreted as faulty.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Get the Factory-Maintenance-Manual, and follow the instructions, and don't question them.

Messing around with expensive Electronic-Components that You don't understand
can potentially create dangerous conditions that may only show-up randomly in the future.