Halloween Project Ideas?

MLCC

Joined Aug 15, 2008
Hello,

I know its still August, but I'm trying to plan ahead. My church hosts a annual "Trunk-or-Treat", where any child can come to get candy in a safe area by going to each row of these parked cars with their trunks open. All of the trunks are Halloween themed.

This year, I decided to do something different by adding a couple of 'Special Effects' with several electronic circuits (Everyone who hosts their car in the event has a contest to see who's trunk is decorated the best). I already have one idea (random lights flashing inside a pumkin), and I'm still needing at least two more ideas to make this project the best halloween-themed trunk. Any suggestions?

Torben

Joined Mar 15, 2008
Hello,

I know its still August, but I'm trying to plan ahead. My church hosts a annual "Trunk-or-Treat", where any child can come to get candy in a safe area by going to each row of these parked cars with their trunks open. All of the trunks are Halloween themed.

This year, I decided to do something different by adding a couple of 'Special Effects' with several electronic circuits (Everyone who hosts their car in the event has a contest to see who's trunk is decorated the best). I already have one idea (random lights flashing inside a pumkin), and I'm still needing at least two more ideas to make this project the best halloween-themed trunk. Any suggestions?
How about a slow time fountain? One guy (see the comments below the article) built one using a witch's head prop and made it look like glowing green ooze was dripping slowing up out of her cauldron into her nose. Those pictures seem to be offline at the moment, though.

I built a simple slow time fountain a couple of years ago using a 555 with a couple of diodes in the timing loop to get the low duty cycles required. Worked pretty well. You can make a lot of fluorescent liquid to use with it by just squeezing the felt innards from a yellow highlighter pen into a gallon of water.

Torben