H-Bridge

Lanz

Joined Oct 30, 2008
I need to control a motor's direction using h-bridge.I dont know what n which type of h-bridge to use.And i also need to control the motor's speed using PWM.I use power window motor.I think at least the motor needs 1A to function normally.So i dont know what h-bridge can support 12v and current above 1A.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
LMD18200 looks nice but seems like complicated.Is there any simple IC H-Bridge than this?

Whats so complicated with the LMD18200T??? You need 3 connections to a uc - PWM, Direction, and Brake, 2 leads go to a motor, 2 leads go to power and you put a .01uf cap on the boostraps to the motor pins. Thats it!!

The other leads, which you really dont need to connect to use the H-Bridge - Thermal out pin 9 - is an output you can use if you want to know when it gets too hot while running.
Current Sense out pin 8 - has a sensitivity of 377 μA per ampere of output current. For optimal accuracy and linearity of this signal, the value of voltage generating resistor between pin 8 and ground should be chosen to limit the maximum voltage developed at pin 8 to 5V, or less.

Attachments

Last edited:

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
yeah, it is just a picture I got from the OOPIC manual, you can find it under the oDcMotor object....... their manual actually has quite a few hardware examples that can be used to connect sensors and other modules to a uc other than the OOPIC modules....

But you can actually use Google Sketchup to draw 3D drawings and parts..... I have used it before when modding PC's, it makes it usefull to be able to draw objects in 3D with real dimensions and see how everything will fit together.....

here is a sample when I was making propellers for my wind generator...