Guyz help me,..... im a newbie

SPQR

Joined Nov 4, 2011
Hmmmm...I think we're going to need more info.
Is it an avalanche transistor, or a regular transistor you want to drive to avalanche?
Do you want to look up the voltage and current characteristics on a datasheet and then apply them to the transistor via the Arduino?

Tell us exactly what you'd like to do.

rcapolinaria

Joined Jan 16, 2013
Hmmmm...I think we're going to need more info.
Is it an avalanche transistor, or a regular transistor you want to drive to avalanche?
Do you want to look up the voltage and current characteristics on a datasheet and then apply them to the transistor via the Arduino?

Tell us exactly what you'd like to do.

just a regular transistor....is it possible to test for its avalanche voltage without damaging the device....? because i wanted to create a BJT tester that will measure avalanche voltage so even without a datasheet....the user is aware of the maximum supply that a certain BJT device can handle.

rcapolinaria

Joined Jan 16, 2013
Increase the voltage until it avalanches?
the microcontroller is only capable of reading voltage up to 5 volts..so if i'm going to increase the voltage until it avalanche, the voltage might be higher than 5 volts which will possibly damage my microcontroller.....is there any way to convert the actual voltage to fall between 0-5 volts to suit for the microcontroller input requirement? if there is...how to recover the actual voltage for the result display.....

Last edited: